• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Acura Integra Confirmed by Acura to be 5 door!!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Honda found ways to castrate the 11th gen by limiting colours for the Si and kinda disappointing to see the cars are slower.
i personally feel the 11th gen is way too “ generic and mundane“, I see them on the road and honestly they look almost invisible in traffic. So bland.

I remember the days when civic used to be more fun looking, more sporty looking, more youthful and daring than the accord. Today, it’s basically a accord.

Maybe I’m old and bitter but 11th gen is a hard pass for me.
That's been my take from day one, short of the bitter part.:cool:

And maybe it is an age thing to an extent. I remember when Honda didn't even have a presence in the US. I personally like the concept of small and sporty and that's kind of what Honda was before the SUV mania.

Most Hondas were small, well made and fun Japanese cars back in the day. The Civics. The Integra. The Prelude. The CRX. The Del Sol. The S2000. The CR-Z, even though it flopped with Honda's decision to make it underpowered. All those cars were fun and kind of distinctive. Fast forward to some more recent some bland generations of Civics and I walked away from Honda. Just didn't like what I saw. What brought me back to Honda was the 10th gen. Cool, almost "out there" stying. A great combo of price, performance and economy. My only decision was which body style to buy. They were all great.

That's why I feel the 11th is a let down. It should have been an evolution of the 10th. Sure maybe tone down the styling a bit... I get that. But they made it way less distinctive and way too cookie cutter. Make them a little faster. Instead they made them a little bigger, heavier and slower.

I understand they are more refined and Honda did what they did to attract a more mature buyer. But hey, I'm "mature" but I still like my car to look fun, distinctive and sporty.

On the other hand, I have some hope that the upcoming Integra will be the one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Time for some predictions…
  • 1.5T standard, 2.0T for Type S (/w less hp than CTR because Type S should be a little tamer)
  • DCT/10A, no manuals (hope I’m wrong and 6M shows on the Type S)
  • AWD available (they’d be crazy not to)
  • 35k - 45k (CAN)

Got my ”called-it” already typed up and ready to post after unveil.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m hoping Si 1.5t with hybrid rear engines for combined 250hp and a manual. One can dream.
That’d be interesting… pretty rare for Honda to pair hybrid and manuals but who knows. Ikeda said electrification is coming so I’m very curious to see how them implement. A PHEV would be interesting but the extra weight would suck.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Pricing is going to be interesting. Back when I bought my first gen Integra they had two cars, the Integra and the Legend. The Integra wasn't priced too much higher than a Civic Si hatch. So if this new Integra will be the entry level Acura again, I'm hoping the base model starts a bit under 30K.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
That’d be interesting… pretty rare for Honda to pair hybrid and manuals but who knows. Ikeda said electrification is coming so I’m very curious to see how them implement. A PHEV would be interesting but the extra weight would suck.
If it gets electrification at all it probably just means electric alternator.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
  • 1.5T standard, 2.0T for Type S (/w less hp than CTR because Type S should be a little tamer)
  • 35k - 45k (CAN)

I guess a 260 hp SHAWD Integra makes sense, it gets close to the competition like WRX, GTI, etc while keeping it under $40k.

I’m ok with AWD or FWD as long as it has a manual.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m feeling hopeful for a manual, because Honda went as far as offering a 6mT Sport Touring hatch, so a 6mT Integra seems like a no brainer.
I am too because they’re getting better at making vehicle-specific decisions lately. NSX going out with a type S, Integra rebirth, lift back on Integra, turbo 6 for TLX type S, etc.

A Type S manual makes all the sense it does for Integra. That would make so much sense I’d regain some hope for a CDX type S.

I’d still have loved for them to bring the CDX here and rebadge as Integra to troll NA. The talk that would’ve generated… probably sell a ton of them. So what if you piss off a few enthusiasts.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
  • 35k - 45k (CAN)

Lol why you tryna call dibs on the “called it” ?? Me and our boy Varmint was talking about the same thing yesterday lol. Technically he beat ya to the punch ???

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Here are my predictions:

Base model

L15 1.5T with 190 to 206hp
DCT would be nice, and CDX does have 1.5T + DCT powertrain. Honda loves using CVTs tho...
Possible AWD option
Possible 6mt option, but only with FWD

$28K to $37K USD + options​

Type S - If they want to fill the gap between the Si and the CTR

K20C4 or C6 with 255 to 275hp
SH-AWD
10AT

$35K + options​

Type S - If they're going for a S3/A35/M235i competitor

K20C7 or whatever with 300hp
10AT or some random DCT
SH-AWD

or

K20C1 with 306hp (less than the upcoming CTR)
6MT with LSD
FWD

$39,999 + options​

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
some guy on C&D just posted this about the upcoming Integra, I'd take it with a grain of salt but who knows:

In late August of this year I was a participant in a research study group for the new model Integra. It is a 4-door hatch based on Civic hatch platform. 1.5l turbo with 200hp and a 6 speed manual was in it, A-Spec version. may have had 19's on it - I didn't check. I didn't like the typical Acura grill but the rest of front end was nice. Many character lines on the side of the car - very much different than the Civic - different aft third window design. Rear end treatment was nice with a circular exhaust outlets on each side of the car. Color of the car was a deep metallic red with a black brown interior with cream-suede inserted tan seats. Rest of the interior was straight out of the Civic hatch Touring - down to the same steering wheel, but dash air vents were different than the Civic. They were asking if we'd buy it at $33.5K.
If any of this is true...there is no way...no way I'm buying a Civic. Crossing my fingers the Type S has a 6MT. 33.5K sounds bout right considering the ST Civic is about 31-32K with destination fees.

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Yeah man I agree with most of that too.
Honda found ways to castrate the 11th gen by limiting colours for the Si and kinda disappointing to see the cars are slower.
i personally feel the 11th gen is way too “ generic and mundane“, I see them on the road and honestly they look almost invisible in traffic. So bland.
I remember the days when civic used to be more fun looking, more sporty looking, more youthful and daring than the accord. Today, it’s basically a accord.
Now that there isn’t no S2000, there isn’t no Prelude, heck there even binned the coupe….. this is worst time to make a boring looking civic.

Maybe I’m old and bitter but 11th gen is a hard pass for me. I’ll stick with my 19’ CTR and wait for the future hybrid/electrified power trains. Anyone buying a ICE only car in the next few years should probably wait.
Well we have to see what the 11th gen accord looks like first to make a full judgement. IMO the 11th gen civics look pretty sharp on the road especially with the sport trim, or whichever comes with the matte black wheels. I've seen the basic colors (red, blue, white, black) and liked all of them. In comparison to the 10th gen it 100% looks bland but that seems almost unfair lol. Next to a 8th or 9th gen sedan they look as expected

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
some guy on C&D just posted this about the upcoming Integra, I'd take it with a grain of salt but who knows:

If any of this is true...there is no way...no way I'm buying a Civic. Crossing my fingers the Type S has a 6MT. 33.5K sounds bout right considering the ST Civic is about 31-32K with destination fees.
holy CRAP if that's true I want that Aspec 6 speed integra baby! I've been waiting TOO long and the st civic hatchback is mighty nice and all but after this reveal I've set my sights on the integra now! ?

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
holy CRAP if that's true I want that Aspec 6 speed integra baby! I've been waiting TOO long and the st civic hatchback is mighty nice and all but after this reveal I've set my sights on the integra now! ?
You and me both...its like the Civic dont even matter no more LOL

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

If that's true, there'll be a base trim for around $28K? Didn't know there'll be an A-Spec even though the Type S is confirmed (see below). I'm guessing pricing will be as follows based on current ILX pricing ($26K - $32K) and projected 2022 Si price ($26700):

2022 Si: $26700 (1.5T, Manual, 205 hp)

Integra Base: $28K (1.5T, Auto, 200 hp)
A-Spec: $32K (1.5T, Manual/Auto, 200 hp)
Type S: $36K (2.0T, Manual/Auto, 270 hp)

2023 CTR: $39K (2.0T, Manual, 320 hp)

*Personal opinion: Honda detuned the 11th Civic and crippled the hatchback trims to push the more lucrative Integra.
11th Gen Honda Civic Acura Integra Confirmed by Acura to be 5 door!! 1632983223986

11th Gen Honda Civic Acura Integra Confirmed by Acura to be 5 door!! 1632976185384
Sponsored

Last edited: