• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Acura Integra Confirmed by Acura to be 5 door!!

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I can see the Type S coming in at that price, only if they position it below the new CTR.
Which imo, is dumb. But with the TLX Type S being as slow as it is, it makes sense from a marketing perspective to hold the Integra back. Only Honda could be this backwards. Just give us the choice of a manual please.
Reason why they won’t do the Type S with the same power is because Honda wants Type R to be the pinnacle of track focused performance. I think the Type S would be perfect right between Si and Type R.
Sponsored

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
I'm not going to speculate, just hope...

I'm looking for a nice leather trimmed interior, premium sound system, DTC, 210 hp, and less than $32k. Hook me up please!

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Reason why they won’t do the Type S with the same power is because Honda wants Type R to be the pinnacle of track focused performance. I think the Type S would be perfect right between Si and Type R.
Price-wise, I've a hard time seeing the Type S as the mid point between Si (~$26.7k) and Type R (~$38.5k). It'll more likely be the A-Spec if it can be equipped with a 2.0T, but it won't be at $33.5k either (which is the mid point between Si and CTR). Performance-wise, 250 hp (2.0T from Accord) - 270 hp (2.0T from TLX) bridges the gap.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
A couple of contemporary points.
  1. The ILX is based on the 9th Gen Civic, which itself is based on the 8th Gen. So the ILX is the nicest 2006 Civic you can buy in 2021. The cost of that car has long been amortized, and that’s partly why it’s priced so aggressively.
  2. The new TLX is 4K more than the last TLX, which was again, based on an older Honda platform.
  3. Look at Audi and VW. There’s no price overlap between a Golf/Jetta and an A3. The only time you’ll see a Golf cost more than a base spec A3 is if it’s a GTI or R. At that point, performance warrants the price premium and outweighs brand prestige.
  4. The Integra can be based on the Civic, but also have bespoke chassis parts that again increase its costs.
1. I agree with you on this one.

2. The 2.0T is NOT the replacement for the 2.4 that the first gen TLX had.
Honda replaced 3.6 V6 in the Accord with the 2.0T. Acura did the same thing and just removed the base trim.
They didn't increase the pricing by 4K. The difference was less than 1K.
1.5T, however, is the right engine to use for replacing a 2.4. Honda did this with the 10th gen SI.
So 1.5T Integra won't cost 4K more than 2.4 ILX just because it's new.

3. Golf is at the very end of its life cycle and doesn't have decently equipped trims.
VW isn't as popular as Honda and Acura isn't as well established as Audi, meaning the gap between the regular and premium brands are much larger with VAG. BMW and Mini will tell you a completely different story.

4. TLX uses more bespoke chassis with DWS and it only costs about 1K more than 1st gen 3.5 did.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
Then why'd they...
Never mind.

There's so many reasons why that's the wrong line of thought imo, but that's beyond me. I'm just grateful for a new Integra.

11th Gen Honda Civic Acura Integra Confirmed by Acura to be 5 door!! 1633050609474

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Price-wise, I've a hard time seeing the Type S as the mid point between Si (~$26.7k) and Type R (~$38.5k). It'll more likely be the A-Spec if it can be equipped with a 2.0T, but it won't be at $33.5k either (which is the mid point between Si and CTR). Performance-wise, 250 hp (2.0T from Accord) - 270 hp (2.0T from TLX) bridges the gap.
I was talking more performance then pricing.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe

Honda replaced 3.6 V6 in the Accord with the 2.0T. Acura did the same thing and just removed the base trim.
1.5T, however, is the right engine to use for replacing a 2.4. Honda did this with the 10th gen SI.

3. Golf is at the very end of its life cycle and doesn't have decently equipped trims.
VW isn't as popular as Honda and Acura isn't as well established as Audi, meaning the gap between the regular and premium brands are much larger with VAG. BMW and Mini will tell you a completely different story.

4. TLX uses more bespoke chassis with DWS and it only costs about 1K more than 1st gen 3.5 did.
Good point on the TLX engine lineup. I used the VW/Audi comparison because that's the closet delta to use outside of looking within Honda. The A3 and MK8 Golf are on the same platform and interior, tech, and build quality are on par. The gap between the brands is more relevant from A4 and up, as the longitudinal layout comes into play. BMW and Mini are different because there isn't a like-for-like comparison to be made.

I guess we'll see what happens.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

For point #2 regarding a base 1.5T Teg not costing 4K more than the 2.4 ILX (starts $26100), that'll put it right under the Civic Hatch ST ($29400). Is it realistic to think a base Teg has less equipment than the ST? If true, the base Teg will be a bargain.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
So on the Integraforum that’s all new. @Saywhaat04 posted something he saw on CarandDriver on this forum Thread. The person who originally posted it on CarandDriver posted it on the Integraforum. This is the outcome. Essentially what was said was true. Manual Integra is coming.
11th Gen Honda Civic Acura Integra Confirmed by Acura to be 5 door!! EFA1DFF7-9AD7-4434-A97D-5C2E74B0F298

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
So on the Integraforum that’s all new. @Saywhaat04 posted something he saw on CarandDriver on this forum Thread. The person who originally posted it on CarandDriver posted it on the Integraforum. This is the outcome. Essentially what was said was true. Manual Integra is coming.
EFA1DFF7-9AD7-4434-A97D-5C2E74B0F298.jpeg
Whoop my bad yall! Lol

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Good point on the TLX engine lineup. I used the VW/Audi comparison because that's the closet delta to use outside of looking within Honda. The A3 and MK8 Golf are on the same platform and interior, tech, and build quality are on par. The gap between the brands is more relevant from A4 and up, as the longitudinal layout comes into play. BMW and Mini are different because there isn't a like-for-like comparison to be made.

I guess we'll see what happens.
Yeah, Audi/VW is the closest thing to Acura/Honda, at least here in North America. I can't argue with that.
What's more interesting is that A3 has less hp than GTI and S3 has less hp than Golf R.
Last gen A3 Quattro/GTI and S3/Golf R had identical numbers.

Anyway, we need more information to figure out how the pricing will be like.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Yeah, Audi/VW is the closest thing to Acura/Honda, at least here in North America. I can't argue with that.
What's more interesting is that A3 has less hp than GTI and S3 has less hp than Golf R.
Last gen A3 Quattro/GTI and S3/Golf R had identical numbers.

Anyway, we need more information to figure out how the pricing will be like.
To know for sure ya, but we have a pretty good idea where the bookends are.

The Intergra base is likely to start close to the Civic ST hatch with possible but minimal overlap. It’ll likely top out close to the base TLX with possible but minimal overlap.

Hard to guess where it lands wrt the CTR, a little below makes sense, but they could do similar power and go a bit higher to keep Acura “above” Honda.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Yep figured that. All Type S minus the gorgeous NSX S will be full production models. Anything else you heard about Integra Type S? Really hope it comes with 10 AT Type S tune and 6 Speed Manual for those that want to row there own gears.
Yeah I basically have every info minus colour because I had to go on a bathroom break during that segment lol.

The new teggy is affordable and will come in both AT/DCT and MT that's all I can say for now. Is it a bridge between the Si and CTR, possibly.

I'm already working with my guys from both HPD and Acura Motorsports to see which build I should go with. I already have the 22/23 CTR on deposit, I'm in the middle of placing one for the ITS

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Yeah I basically have every info minus colour because I had to go on a bathroom break during that segment lol.

The new teggy is affordable and will come in both AT/DCT and MT that's all I can say for now. Is it a bridge between the Si and CTR, possibly.

I'm already working with my guys from both HPD and Acura Motorsports to see which build I should go with. I already have the 22/23 CTR on deposit, I'm in the middle of placing one for the ITS
That’s great to hear. Type S is the one I’m going for and I’m hoping it comes in either 10AT or 8DCT since traffic from over here is terrible. Will definitely put a deposit on Integra Type S once we get more light and I can see it.

Awesome to hear about the build you are going for. Do you currently have a build of a CTR?
Sponsored