• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Aftermarket Springs Thread

SimplyClean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Civic Type R #647
Can we start an official spring thread with a DIY? It's definitely not the same as the FK8 as far as removal/install.
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Friends don't let friends ride on lowering springs. What is this 1997? If you plan on modifying the suspension do it properly and buy a legit coilover system and other bits.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
if just "tucking" the car in a bit to look little better, probably no need for full coilover set up.

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
Most people are better served with a nice set of springs and dampers than a coilover setup. Unfortunately, there are a good amount of "cheap" coilover sets that carry a premium price tag and lure people into thinking they're getting something good.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Friends don't let friends ride on lowering springs. What is this 1997? If you plan on modifying the suspension do it properly and buy a legit coilover system and other bits.
i've had ohlins before on my dc2-r, nothing wrong with springs set up on the fk8/fl5 as they have great factory suspension

plenty of the guys are running them on track and have found a $3k coilover on these cars is not necessary unless you're doing hardcore racing

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
:rolleyes:

Most coilovers purchased by enthusiasts are grossly under-utilized, and in fact, entirely unnecessary. The whole point and purpose of coilovers is to allow adjustment based on the specific needs of the driving environment, meaning they should be adjusted constantly. We all know, however, that the vast majority of enthusiasts treat them as a “set it and forget it” solution for the pure purpose of getting a desired ride height (handling characteristics, corner weighting, and damper adjustment all coming a distant second). Dare I say, in most cases, people should *not* be buying fully adjustable dampers with height adjustment, and should actually just be buying lowering springs.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
^ when I put coilovers on my s2000 I went with Bilstein, but I went with fixed shocks, and not adjustable. I put my faith in shock engineers who can tune a perfect suspension. Giving someone like me a 32 way adjustable shock is just asking to screw it up and make a worse handling vehicle.

FreshFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
:rolleyes:

Most coilovers purchased by enthusiasts are grossly under-utilized, and in fact, entirely unnecessary. The whole point and purpose of coilovers is to allow adjustment based on the specific needs of the driving environment, meaning they should be adjusted constantly. We all know, however, that the vast majority of enthusiasts treat them as a “set it and forget it” solution for the pure purpose of getting a desired ride height (handling characteristics, corner weighting, and damper adjustment all coming a distant second). Dare I say, in most cases, people should *not* be buying fully adjustable dampers with height adjustment, and should actually just be buying lowering springs.

Agreed. Had KWv3s on a previous car. Never touched them after they were dialed in to my liking lol. I’d like to keep the FL5 adjustable damping too, so springs will probably be the way I go here.

Now the wait for things to get released.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
still have to advertise my Eibach Sportline on Craigslist ... then probably going with Swift or Spoon ...

EDIT: maybe even keep stock for a while, but the only thing is I'll have take off the 20mm spacers, it actually make the fender / wheel gap looks bigger when tires are flush with the fenders/quarters. I think without the spacers the fenders/quarters will cast a shadow, and thus gap will not look as prominent ... or is it just me not know what the F I'm talking about :crazy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SimplyClean

SimplyClean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Civic Type R #647
still have to advertise my Eibach Sportline on Craigslist ... then probably going with Swift or Spoon ...

EDIT: maybe even keep stock for a while, but the only thing is I'll have take off the 20mm spacers, it actually make the fender / wheel gap looks bigger when tires are flush with the fenders/quarters. I think without the spacers the fenders/quarters will cast a shadow, and thus gap will not look as prominent ... or is it just me not know what the F I'm talking about :crazy:
11th Gen Honda Civic Aftermarket Springs Thread ACE269E3-7DD6-48CF-A335-911B5B64A594

Swift springs and no spacers.

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I bought eibach pro kit lowering springs for my 22 civic si. They just came out with out with them late last year. Obviously i traded in my si for the type r I just purchased. I can't return the springs because it's past their return date policy of 30 days. I wonder if the springs will fit on my type r? How much of a difference is the new type r's suspension struts/shocks compared to the new si's? P.s. the eibach claims it will lower it by 1.2 inches in the front and 1.0 in the rear.

Here is the link if anyone cares to chime in and help.
https://eibach.com/us/2897/E10-40-043-02-22-HONDA-Civic-Si-pro-kit

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I don't have my car yet but I do have a set of H&R springs waiting for it once it arrives. To me they are the perfect conservative street option.
  • 8/10" drop (like Goldilocks said, just right)
  • Progressive rates for a more compliant ride around town (read: when the springs are uncompressed)
  • Spring rates are close to OEM specifications (slightly softer in front, slight stiffer in rear, which should help with rotation), making them a perfect match for the factory dampers
Like having your cake and eating it too.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I don't have my car yet but I do have a set of H&R springs waiting for it once it arrives. To me they are the perfect conservative street option.
  • 8/10" drop (like Goldilocks said, just right)
  • Progressive rates for a more compliant ride around town (read: when the springs are uncompressed)
  • Spring rates are close to OEM specifications (slightly softer in front, slight stiffer in rear, which should help with rotation), making them a perfect match for the factory dampers
Like having your cake and eating it too.
This seems like the perfect amount of drop. These are the ones originally designed for the FK8 right?