• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Age of Si owners

Age of Si owners

• Total voters

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
That's cool that you recognize that stretch of NC 28, very few people actually talk about that road as everyone is so focused on "The Dragon" when they are there. The Civic Si would be so much fun on those high speed curves, I would love to take this car on that stretch of road. As I noted, the Dragon is fun and cool, but I prefer carrying more speed in higher speed curves compared to tight slower speed corners, so the roads around the Dragon are more my type.

Our S2000 community does events there every spring and fall, the unfortunate part is that there is usually a newbie who goes off the edge of the road and totals their car. The Dragon can be very unforgiving if you get a wheel off the edge of the road.
I usually go up for Miatas at the gap every year, and there are always a few crashes. Last year I helped pull a car out of the ditch on Moonshiner (NC28) right by the lake/dam.
Sponsored

VEZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB Sport 2017, Civic SI 2022 (this Spring)
Mid-50ā€™s. I'm here to raise the average age of this poll!

nowaytoescape

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
24, this will be my first stick and my first Si so Iā€™m excited. Currently on a waiting list for a 2022 so hopefully Iā€™ll have one within the next two/three months. Iā€™m excited to learn and grow with the car. Type-R may be next if I canā€™t get a Bronco.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan (FA5)
I was 23 when I purchased my 8th generation based Civic Si. After 15 years, I still own it, putting me at 38 this year.

In 2018 I removed it from Winter service and acquired a 2019 Tacoma. Worst mistake I ever made, but I continue to keep the Si rust free as practical here in the NE by driving that heap in winter. I still prefer to drive it during nice weather. Iā€™d park the Tacoma for weeks and months and not care one bit. The Si still brings a smile to my face every time I drive it. I still look back at it when parked. The Tacoma sucks the life out of me to drive. I canā€™t stand it, even for truck duty. Biggest purchase mistake of my life. Toyota dealership worked hard to acquire the Si, but held my ground to retain. Even though I am not choosing the Si trim level this time, it still holds a special spot.

This time around, Iā€™ll be choosing the Hatchback Sport Touring. Now, if Honda would produce an Si Touring Hatchback, donā€™t kill me, with an 8DCT or even the 10AT that has same features as the Sport Touring Hatchback it would be be absolutely perfect - well add a heated steering wheel too and it would be perfect. My wife can drive MT if she needed to, but she rather not and at this point in life, Iā€™d rather have two vehicles she can comfortably access without worrying.

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
47 here, first Si. Had back to back 10th Gen sedans, '16 LX and '19 Sport. Both 6MT. The '16 was my first Honda car, first new vehicle since I think '98. I've Honda bikes since '93, at least one since then and often multiple.

GunnyGlynn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si/ 2006 Cobalt SS/ 1997 F350 4x4
Hi guys and gals, my name is Brian. I am 53. This is my first Honda car. I have had Honda Motorcycles, Dirt bikes, ATVs all my life. I bought this for my birthday here in March. I wanted a fuel efficient vehicle that was good looking, sporty and fun to drive. My previous daily driver was an 06 Cobalt SC SS. I have a few more years of work before I retire and I knew this Honda would make a great car to commute and have fun with.

11th Gen Honda Civic Age of Si owners 20220205_095037

nickd2012

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
40. Traded an F150 for the Si before gas spiked because I no longer have a race car car to tow. Always wanted one. Cross-shopped a ton of stuff, GTI, BMW M340i, Genesis G70, IS 350 F Sport, but nothing matched the Civic's value play. It's plenty fast (though my J35 10AT Odyssey can walk it), handles great, and delivers 35 mpg on a 20 mile commute.

This is my 3rd MT Honda - after a long time in school, started with a Fit 6MT, then a K24 Accord 6MT, a few other cars, and back to Honda with the Si.

GetterDragun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Supra Turbo, 1000hp Lexus SC300, 22 Civic Si...
Iā€™m 45. Grew up in the Honda tuning scene in the late 90s/early 2000s and wanted to play with a Honda again before being forced to go electric. The daily driver I am coming from is an Alfa Giulia, which I couldnā€™t stand (have a Stelvio too, which I do like).

For fun I have a stock 94 Supra Turbo and a 92 Lexus SC300 that is getting a built 2J in it that will be over 1000whp.

Racer9

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RR FL5
62 years young. My first Si, 4th Honda. This is my Swiss knife of cars.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I'm a little surprised the number of folks who are 40+. I too started my interest in cars, specifically Hondas/Acuras, in the late 80's and 90's.

Racer9

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RR FL5
@OGGsr, we have to pass our passion of cars to the grandkids (in my case).:) My first was a 1979 Accord that I purchased for $100 and used to transport my race-kart in back of the hatch.

abe.

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 si, 05 crv (RIP)
16. I love Hondas, I learned stick on an 05 crv. One day I would like to own an s2k or maybe an ek.
Sponsored