• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Age of Si owners

Age of Si owners

• Total voters

Fripp

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CrossTrek
50. Don't actually own mine yet but will be in a few weeks... Best car I've ever test drove, though. Fun as hell but not obnoxious. Have owned only compact MT sedans my entire life.
Sponsored

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I’m 39, closer to 40… I haven’t taken delivery yet, but the SGP SI should be at the dealer in a few weeks according to the built documents I last saw.

Like many, I wanted an economical commuter with a sports edge. My wife and I live 10 minutes via country roads to the Blue Ridge Parkway and we’ve always wanted an enthusiast car for those drives, but can’t currently justify a weekend-only driver. Pretty sure my wife is just as excited as I am to start ripping it around.
Have you driven the Tail of the Dragon? Given your location, I would think that is something of a must. It's one of my "bucket list" items to do the Dragon/Cherohala Skyway. Now that I have my Si, it seems like I need to do this sooner rather than later.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
? my 2011 Si I think I was 31. Adored that car until it got totaled ??‍♂
Then in 2018, that Si I was 36.
Now that I’m pushin 40, I downgraded to the cvt sport to relax for a bit ?

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Have you driven the Tail of the Dragon? Given your location, I would think that is something of a must. It's one of my "bucket list" items to do the Dragon/Cherohala Skyway. Now that I have my Si, it seems like I need to do this sooner rather than later.
I did that trip with my S2000 group, the S2ki community does group events there twice per year. They spend about 4 days in the region doing different group drives. It was a fantastic experience in my S2000. It is a 12-hour drive getting there from Canada, one-way, it was a bit hard on the back in the S2000. It would be a much nicer drive in my Si, I'd love to head back some day with the new ride.

Last edited:

MountainMerit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Element, 20 Ranger
I haven’t, mainly because I’ve wanted to reserve that experience for a “proper vehicle.” I live in the Asheville area, so it’s a bit of a drive out there as well… but I shouldn’t complain when I read it’s 12 hours one way for others!

Last March I was in Robbinsville for an errand and I checked out a bit of the Skyway - up to the high spot on the ridge line, not all the way over to TN. We’re blessed with an abundance of amazing roads in the region. Hwy 151 dropping off the Parkway into Candler NC is the stuff dreams are made of. I’m looking forward to the SI.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven’t, mainly because I’ve wanted to reserve that experience for a “proper vehicle.” I live in the Asheville area, so it’s a bit of a drive out there as well… but I shouldn’t complain when I read it’s 12 hours one way for others!

Last March I was in Robbinsville for an errand and I checked out a bit of the Skyway - up to the high spot on the ridge line, not all the way over to TN. We’re blessed with an abundance of amazing roads in the region. Hwy 151 dropping off the Parkway into Candler NC is the stuff dreams are made of. I’m looking forward to the SI.
The Dragon was cool, but after running it 2-3 times you've seen all you need, and you can spend better time on the open roads in the region.

There is actually a stretch of road between Fontana Village NC and Deals Gap ( the start of the Dragon) which is a lot more fun than the Dragon itself. Route 28 just past Fontana Dam called Indian Lakes Scenic Byway, where you can run it at high speed along the Little Tennessee River with some big sweeping curves that are just fantastic, you can clip the curves at full speed, so much fun. The Dragon has some extremely tight corners and switchbacks but you don't carry a lot of speed. I much prefer the larger sweeping curves like the Blue Ridge Parkway and Cherohala Skyway. Getting caught speeding on the Blue Ridge Parkway can be problematic as parts are Federal Lands, and the posted speed limits in many areas are quite low, including the Dragon. The lack of cel phone service is something I never expected, being in a region where you can't get cel phone service was very unusual for me, so don't go crashing your car in those areas as you could be in for a very long day.

Last edited:

jbrown552211

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
30 here. Ive had NC Miata, a Focus ST, a Mustang GT, then a Veloster N.... and this as of 4 days ago... Traded the veloster N. I was afraid it might blow up on me :p

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
I did that trip with my S2000 group, the S2ki community does group events there twice per year. They spend about 4 days in the region doing different group drives. It was a fantastic experience in my S2000. It is a 12-hour drive getting there from Canada, one-way, it was a bit hard on the back in the S2000. It would be a much nicer drive in my Si, I'd love to head back some day with the new ride.
Ah the good old days!

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 87 Corolla FX16 GT-S
I’m 39, closer to 40… I haven’t taken delivery yet, but the SGP SI should be at the dealer in a few weeks according to the built documents I last saw.

Like many, I wanted an economical commuter with a sports edge. My wife and I live 10 minutes via country roads to the Blue Ridge Parkway and we’ve always wanted an enthusiast car for those drives, but can’t currently justify a weekend-only driver. Pretty sure my wife is just as excited as I am to start ripping it around.
I'm 61 and right down the road from you in Hendersonville. Looks like I'm in line behind you with a white Si schedule to start assembly next week. I have a 2019 Type R I use for autocross. The new Si replaces a daily that met an untimely demise in the hands of my eldest daughter. Looking forward to the Si as my new daily. There is something about a manual and LSD in a front wheel drive car that is addicting.

PM me if you want to check out a local autocross.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50. Don't actually own mine yet but will be in a few weeks... Best car I've ever test drove, though. Fun as hell but not obnoxious. Have owned only compact MT sedans my entire life.
That is a good way to describe this car, I didn't really want one until I test drove one, and I did complete reversal. So much fun.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
I'm 25, but about to turn 26 and become a parent so I definitely feel like I belong in the older group ?

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
The Dragon is fun and cool to do a few times, but gets congested during the weekends. Every spring my buddies and I take a 4 day weekend trip down to the area. If you can get to it around sunrise, you will pretty much have the road to yourself. We also bring some chairs, pile into one car, then find a pull off to watch the traffic so we can heckle the people that can't stay in their lane. However, there are better roads in the area. My favorite is either the section of NC 28 @zeroptzero mentioned or Wayah Rd. I'm taking my Si up there in May for sure. Will probably make a day trip once my wheels come in and I can get my Autocross tires mounted.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Dragon is fun and cool to do a few times, but gets congested during the weekends. Every spring my buddies and I take a 4 day weekend trip down to the area. If you can get to it around sunrise, you will pretty much have the road to yourself. We also bring some chairs, pile into one car, then find a pull off to watch the traffic so we can heckle the people that can't stay in their lane. However, there are better roads in the area. My favorite is either the section of NC 28 @zeroptzero mentioned or Wayah Rd. I'm taking my Si up there in May for sure. Will probably make a day trip once my wheels come in and I can get my Autocross tires mounted.
That's cool that you recognize that stretch of NC 28, very few people actually talk about that road as everyone is so focused on "The Dragon" when they are there. The Civic Si would be so much fun on those high speed curves, I would love to take this car on that stretch of road. As I noted, the Dragon is fun and cool, but I prefer carrying more speed in higher speed curves compared to tight slower speed corners, so the roads around the Dragon are more my type.

Our S2000 community does events there every spring and fall, the unfortunate part is that there is usually a newbie who goes off the edge of the road and totals their car. The Dragon can be very unforgiving if you get a wheel off the edge of the road.
Sponsored

Last edited: