• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any of you “downgrading” to get into an FL5?

NillyVanilly

First Name
Mozart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supra 3.0P, 2008 Miata, 2008 Tundra
Glad to see I'm not the only weirdo cross shopping everything from a new GR86 all the way up to the new lotus Emira lol
Sponsored

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Glad to see I'm not the only weirdo cross shopping everything from a new GR86 all the way up to the new lotus Emira lol
It's a great time to be a car guy, not sure when the next Golden Era will be once EV is in full bloom. Lots of fun and exciting stuff in all price brackets.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I owned a RS5, S5, Golf R and many many GTI"s and European cars and am in love with said $40K car.

If you're a gearhead at heart, the price of the vehicle doesn't change your love for it. Just because you are upper management within a corporate environment doesn't mean you only want said price ranged vehicles (as a gear head). If rhey have no real passion for cars than you are correct.

Most of the more wealthy gearheads would buy the R and just not keep for a long period. But it would for sure be considered. They just move onto new toys much sooner.
Maybe you make 200k a year to buy a rs5. Most people here dont. Haha what am I saying, everyone on the internet makes millions.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Maybe you make 200k a year to buy a rs5. Most people here dont. Haha what am I saying, everyone on the internet makes millions.
I'm also referring to people I know who are quite well off within the Asian scene. Guys I know with Nismo GTR's and E-classes etc want (FK8's and FL5's) and have owned Type R's/s2000's/EVO10's as their "fun" cars. Gearheads no matter how rich will also have a soft spot for a sporty lil Japanese car.

Maybe it's just where I live, but Asians tend to understand and admire R's, esp the ones that drop +30K int their builds lol. Spoon everything + TE37's and crazy track builds.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I'm also referring to people I know who are quite well off within the Asian scene. Guys I know with Nismo GTR's and E-classes etc want (FK8's and FL5's) and have owned Type R's/s2000's/EVO10's as their "fun" cars. Gearheads no matter how rich will also have a soft spot for a sporty lil Japanese car.

Maybe it's just where I live, but Asians tend to understand and admire R's, esp the ones that drop +30K int their builds lol. Spoon everything + TE37's and crazy track builds.
Oh I’m perfectly aware there are top 1% earners. Shit i live in basically the top 10 incomes in the country and have not seen a single Nismo GTR and maybe see a coupe Type R in a month.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Oh I’m perfectly aware there are top 1% earners. Shit i live in basically the top 10 incomes in the country and have not seen a single Nismo GTR and maybe see a coupe Type R in a month.
I'm at the heart of where the wealthy mainlanders from HK/China dwell. Nismo GTR's are a dime a dozen here. Your avg grocery getter is a C Class

I would assume 60% of Type R's would be within 30 miles of my radius in terms of dealer allocations for my Country.

Last edited:

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I'm at the heart of where the wealthy mainlanders from HK/China dwell. Nismo GTR's are a dime a dozen here. Your avg grocery getter is a Class

I would assume 60% of Type R's would be within 30 miles of my radius in terms of dealer allocations for my Country.
True there are a so many Chinese billionaire trust fund babies all over the country single handly buying up all the R and M2.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Its actually a thing, the kids of wealthy asian parents tend to grativate towards tuner cars. They drop stupid amounts of $$ on the top brands of mods for car shows and such.

wu.2x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3
Have an E90 M3 and see the FL5 as an upgrade, although I'll be keeping the FL5 more as a garage queen (if I can get one). Like most folks here that like BMW M cars, I love the look (the bulging fenders )of the FL5 and this Type R is everything I could hope for.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I had a e92 like 10 years ago... I thought it always felt heavy and not very playful. Loved the engine, hated the manual on it. Also it got 13mpg pretty much always.

11th Gen Honda Civic Any of you “downgrading” to get into an FL5? 1659028828382

11th Gen Honda Civic Any of you “downgrading” to get into an FL5? 1659028808359

11th Gen Honda Civic Any of you “downgrading” to get into an FL5? 1659028902552

11th Gen Honda Civic Any of you “downgrading” to get into an FL5? 1659029158814

Love and miss my Mazdas.

Last edited:

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Technology wise, yes its an upgrade but my Evo feels much stronger taking off the line because of the AWD system.
You are using the strength of one vs the weakness of another not apples to apples.

If you compare measured statss, like track times, NVH, tech availability, comfort, size and practicality, 0-60 etc etc. I find it hard to belive the EVO would come out on top (stock for stock) or even beat the R in 2 of those categories.

I think you have a biased lens on what is an "upgrade" given your fondness of the car u already own and love.
Sponsored