• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any of you “downgrading” to get into an FL5?

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Yeah those wheels were my favorite, if it had just had the better trans it would have been perfect. The MT82 was the only reason I let it go.
CC8DB2CF-FD36-45A7-A9D6-EAAC6E59AC9E.jpeg
Wait, you just said you aren't a fan of the Mach 1, but it literally solved the only issue you had with your PP2. So what don't you like about it? I think they are really cool.

I wonder if anybody can compare the FK8 transmission to the MT-82 or tremec in the GT350.
Sponsored

polishedmetalctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Wait, you just said you aren't a fan of the Mach 1, but it literally solved the only issue you had with your PP2. So what don't you like about it? I think they are really cool.

I wonder if anybody can compare the FK8 transmission to the MT-82 or tremec in the GT350.
The Mach 1 is essentially the final PP2 but with rev match, an added differential cooler, the GT350 transmission, the GT500 mufflers, GT350 intake manifold, etc. maybe he doesn’t like the price??

Last edited:

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Was scratching my head on this one too. I just feel like some people want to argue. The Mach 1 is literally essentially the final PP2 but with rev match, an added differential cooler, the GT350 transmission, the GT500 mufflers, GT350 intake manifold, etc. maybe he doesn’t like the price??
I can agree with the price as that can be really subjective especially with Mustangs because of that "Shelby tax." Still I think its a badass Mustang. You get GT350 capability without worrying about GT350 reliability 😂 Its also the first iconic Mustang that is sold overseas, so people in Europe and AUS can have one, Im pretty sure that this is why the powertrain was pretty similar because of the emission regulations in other countries.

Didn't know it got the GT500 mufflers thats actually really amazing. I honestly didn't realize how big they are until I saw a GT500 at the dealership Those things are HUGE. Probably the biggest mufflers I have ever seen and I thought the GT350 ones were big lol 😅

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I think they’re cool and find them used a good performance value. I just cant do a mustang myself. Also can't stand Mustang community and owners in general.
I was like that too, until I saw a GT350 when I was in college and I knew I just had to get one 😁 Mustang community is cringe though, I agree. I definitely do not fit into that stereotype 🤣 Theres just so much hate and fanboys. It gets old

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Was scratching my head on this one too. I just feel like some people want to argue. The Mach 1 is literally essentially the final PP2 but with rev match, an added differential cooler, the GT350 transmission, the GT500 mufflers, GT350 intake manifold, etc. maybe he doesn’t like the price??
So to answer your question, I don’t want to just argue, I just didn’t like the Mach 1.
Yes, it is the essentially the final version of the PP2, and I am aware of the hardware they added, I just don’t like how Ford throws its IP around, just to get some sales. It is nowhere nearly as cool as the GT350, which is really what it’s replacing, given the price hike, and it’s looks nothing like the Mach 1, which most endearing feature was a ram air hood, the new one doesn’t even have. The wheels, to me are a step down in terms of styling and just look busy, and the the only real benefit for the average driver is the transmission, but I don’t think that’s worth $20k more than the PP2 was. It’s obviously a personal preference thing. $1,500 worth of muffler and manifold mods just don’t seem worth it.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I was like that too, until I saw a GT350 when I was in college and I knew I just had to get one 😁 Mustang community is cringe though, I agree. I definitely do not fit into that stereotype 🤣 Theres just so much hate and fanboys. It gets old
To be fair, that stuff is literally everywhere. When you have a car that sells as much as the mustang, of course you’ll find weirdos, but I never had an issue with that because I chose not to deal with those people.

polishedmetalctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
That’s typically how it works.
The Mach 1 HP was .4 seconds faster in C&D Lightning Lap than a GT350R and 2.5 seconds faster than a GT PP2, so the hardware and horsepower upgrade speaks for itself. And no diff overheating. The upgrades cost WAY more than $1500. It's fine, there will always be the haters when something comes out that is bigger and badder, and it costs more.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
The Mach 1 HP was .4 seconds faster in C&D Lightning Lap than a GT350R and 2.5 seconds faster than a GT PP2, so the hardware and horsepower upgrade speaks for itself. And no diff overheating. The upgrades cost WAY more than $1500. It's fine, there will always be the haters when something comes out that is bigger and badder, and it costs more.
I’m glad you know how google works. That’s awesome, I’m glad it’s fast around a track. Just doesn’t look good to me, I’m allowed to have an opinion. And of course, there are bigger and badder things, I mean who needs any of those, when you can just run down and grab a GT500 for $100,000.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I’m glad you know how google works. That’s awesome, I’m glad it’s fast around a track. Just doesn’t look good to me, I’m allowed to have an opinion. And of course, there are bigger and badder things, I mean who needs any of those, when you can just run down and grab a GT500 for $100,000.
Weird that you would go straight to second place.

Ford GT.

spyderdrifter

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Forte Koup
This would be a drastic upgrade to my DD, which this would replace, short term. Would take my Kia Forte coupe out of commission for a while to do a much needed engine swap (shitty Kia engine defects). Then once that's replaced, the CTR would end up being a weekend sort of car, and a collector car. Maybe track it, haven't made those decisions yet.

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
Being in Canada, you can only own a RWD as a summer car. I was really interested in getting the 2023 BMW M2 as a summer only car, and drive my 2.5k+kms Accord during the winter, but I expect it to cost an arm and a leg. Thinking realistically, the new CTR would be a great DD that can be driven all year round without any issues, and honestly, its much more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow. And the CTR is only marginally slower than the 2019 M2 competition.
TLDR: Definitely not a downgrade, more fun to drive and a better connection with a car that can be driven all year round.
Sponsored