• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone running a Tomei Type D Exhaust?

Lory81

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FL5
Seems to be priced well.
Curious if anyone has run it and if they can take some videos.
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I think it's too new at the moment but people are thinking it will be on the loud side.
I have ran tomei on my previous cars and while lightweight and titanium. They are really loud and obnoxious.

Boostbluefl5fl

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5
I'm at school right now so I'll post videos when I'm done. Overall, large improvement over stock if you don't mind drone. I did the install myself and was pretty easy. Overall sound is really good, the exhaust is much lighter than stock. Once it was broken in, there are a few burbles when upshifting which I like. It is not as loud as I had hoped being a immature 16 year oldšŸ¤£ I do think that if I had a choice I would probably have gone with deleting the resonators, and spent some of the other money in other places. I like the duel tip option much more than the three tip from other brands. One weird thing about is that when the car engages traction control, it has a loud back fire. It sounds like a gun, but it only happens when its wet and the wheels start to spin in second. I was wondering if its just this exhaust or if it's a normal thing that happens with others as well.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
Can someone confirm if the Tomei system can be installed with the rear undebody piece that covers the muffler section in place? Tomei's pictures all had that piece removed....Also since this does not have a valve I assume you need to pull a fuse or something?

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
I'm at school right now so I'll post videos when I'm done. Overall, large improvement over stock if you don't mind drone. I did the install myself and was pretty easy. Overall sound is really good, the exhaust is much lighter than stock. Once it was broken in, there are a few burbles when upshifting which I like. It is not as loud as I had hoped being a immature 16 year oldšŸ¤£ I do think that if I had a choice I would probably have gone with deleting the resonators, and spent some of the other money in other places. I like the duel tip option much more than the three tip from other brands. One weird thing about is that when the car engages traction control, it has a loud back fire. It sounds like a gun, but it only happens when its wet and the wheels start to spin in second. I was wondering if its just this exhaust or if it's a normal thing that happens with others as well.
That noise you hear when TC kicks in is ignition cut. Like a DSG fart on a Golf R or the like. Happens even on stock exhaust but very muted/mild
Sponsored