• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Lol! I went from a pacifica and wanting to add an m240i to now having an FL1 and waiting for an FL5 haha😂.

Sometimes its whacked how things change!
The only car legitimately I would take over the FL5 would be the Integra Type S or the Rivian R1S. I was honestly considering putting down a deposit on the R1S.

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
If you guys have an option of getting a summer only fun car, would you buy the S2000 or the BMW 128i/135i ? Or something else? Keep in mind, budget is a factor here and you cannot spend Porsche money cus you don't have it 😅

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Type S won't get the R bits like wider fenders or dual axis suspension. Head of Type S even said its more for street and the Type R is designed for the track.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Why does everyone assume it’s a Integra Type S and not a Type R?

Edit: reading the post above answer’s my question I guess.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Why does everyone assume it’s a Integra Type S and not a Type R?

Edit: reading the post above answer’s my question I guess.
There were some Honda/Acura roadmaps floating around showing it as the compact (Integra) Type S

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Why do you feel that way? Do you think it'll be an inferior car

I mean we are still early for ITS and seems like nowhere near as much fanfare for it?
No not that at all. I was doubting the availability of it.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
No not that at all. I was doubting the availability of it.
Availability? If you jump on it now, why would it be an issue? Im 99.9% sure you can find #1 spot at many Acura dealerships @ MSRP. If you decided to search now (deposit) vs. waiting.

In that case, availability is not a concern at all, or am I missing something here?

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Type S won't get the R bits like wider fenders or dual axis suspension. Head of Type S even said its more for street and the Type R is designed for the track.
Pretty sure that was referring to the tuning of the suspension (and how the modes work vs. the R). They would almost for sure remove R logger. But If I were a betting man it would include both suspension and fenders. Based on the spy shots it does in fact look wilder. They have the same wheels on with 265 tires, I highly doubt those would fit the stock ASPEC fenders without issue

But I guess time will tell.

Last edited:

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
There were some Honda/Acura roadmaps floating around showing it as the compact (Integra) Type S
The S brand is the Acura top spec. NSX only uses the S branding, meaning they have divorced themselves from any Honda spec branding.

Honestly, it means virtually nothing. S, R, Z, ABC, LGBTQABCD. Branding means fuck all IMO, what goes into ist that matters. Those are just marketing decisions.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
The S brand is the Acura top spec. NSX only uses the S branding, meaning they have divorced themselves from any Honda spec branding.

Honestly, it means virtually nothing. S, R, Z, ABC, LGBTQABCD. Branding means fuck all IMO, what goes into ist that matters. Those are just marketing decisions.

pretty sure it matters, if MDX and TLX Type S is their best performance, I dont expect much.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
pretty sure it matters, if MDX and TLX Type S is their best performance, I dont expect much.
So you're telling me using a branding Acura doesn't use anymore that isn't part of their catalog of "things" matters? It's literally just a marketing thing.........

How does this even make any sense? What would an MDX R or TLX R even look like? They don't have anything in their parts bin to make it better. You're also comparing an SUV & a Sedan that HONDA doesn't have a comparable R to vs. the Acura S. The Teggy S has a DIRECT version in Honda with the Civic Type R. I don't understand how using the MDX or TLX even works in comparing it to the Teggy S lol. ASPEC = SI, R = S, this has been pretty much proven as fact based on the Teggy lineup vs. Civic, there isn't even any debate it's just fact..... why even try to play with hypotheticals?

Acura has already made up its mind that S is their top-tier spec with the NSX lol. This has zero to do "hardcore". It's purely marketing.

Last edited:

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
If you guys have an option of getting a summer only fun car, would you buy the S2000 or the BMW 128i/135i ? Or something else? Keep in mind, budget is a factor here and you cannot spend Porsche money cus you don't have it 😅
S2000 lol. I drove a 135i, didn't like it much. Felt like a cramped 2 door commuter car. Didn't feel special enough for a summer only fun car.

The S2000 though, that's a different experience altogether. You have to drive it to know. It just feels right and special, and has this motorsport quality to it. It's hard to explain.
Sponsored