• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Thanks, that's great insight. If I had to imagine myself driving both, just purely driving, probably Challenger would be my choice. But ya this is possibly more of a daily, not a weekend car.
Sponsored

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing, '24 FL5
So, with it taking so long, for fun I went and test drove some cars (4-door only) that are in the 50k-70k range OTD (so low 40s to low 60s msrp w/ options), so +/-10k of what I'm spending on a CTR. You know the CT4-V and CT5-V are still growing on me. It's not as "fun" as a Type R (or even my miata), but it's got some nice power and goddamn is it comfortable. I'd spend a bit more to get the CT4-V Blackwing, but there's none on any lots anywhere even reasonably close to me now and the few coming in are spoken for already.

The Genesis G70/G80 were a big flop. In-person both my wife and I found them downright ugly. They also felt like if I had described a luxury interior to someone and they had to make it without ever seeing one. I was not a fan. It's crazy how different cars can look in-person vs. video/pics. We didn't even test drive, just sat in it and were like "nah, no way."

I have a Mazda3 and just couldn't find a turbo mazda3 nearby. Still it was fun and I would be keen to try '23 with a turbo. Not a good comparison though since it was a lower trim with the base 2.5 and not the turbo.

GTI was super fun to drive. The styling isn't for me, but it was slick. The interior was nice but maybe not my style. The dealer had two on the lot. He was asking 3k ADM. There was a guy waiting to test drive it after me and I'm confident he was perfectly willing to pay the ADM. They don't stick around long I think. So I checked when I got home and sure enough it was marked sold.

So in the end, if I for some reason don't sign on for the CTR I have a deposit on, I'll probably pick up a CT4-V in the meantime.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I just drove a Blackwing, and damn its a really nice car. I also drove a Supra (also nice) an and a C6 Z06 (fucking monster).

Not sure what I am going to do. The Z06 kind of ruined any other car performance wise, 650HP/650TQ is no joke.

Last edited:

Iamblue03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes
My plan b is a Supra next year. They are going for msrp now except for the a91. 2023 also has mt available.

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Had the chance to drive a Supra for a week or so. Loved the performance and styling but the poor visibility, claustrophobic cabin, and decrease in utility were deal breakers for me. Some canyon runs in the FL5 this weekend validate those thoughts. I can't recall a car this much fun to drive and it's overall comfort and no-compromised visibility out of the cockpit were a big part of the enjoyment.

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, JL 392XR, 981S, F430
I just drove a Blackwing, and damn its a really nice car. I also drove a Supra (also nice) an and a C6 Z06 (fucking monster).

Not sure what I am going to do. The Z06 kind of ruined any other car performance wise, 650HP/650TQ is no joke.
C7 just to clarify. I owned one for about six months and ended up dumping it. If it’s your daily I would recommend something else. If it’s a fun car it is hard to beat. It can do the daily duties very easily but is extremely frustrating not being able to utilize the power when you’re driving it around. The chassis just can’t handle that kind of power. By the time you get to the point when the car will accept full throttle you are far above legal speeds. I bought It to cycle daily duties with my last wrangler. Just got too frustrated with the car due to that and it developed a squeak at 300 miles which was beyond iterating.

shanki0223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R / 2021 Toyota Supra
It seems each dealership in BC, Canada only getting 4-5 units for the next few years. My back up plan is to keep driving my 2021 Supra lol....
Sponsored