• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Ah, now it makes sense--I truly may be drawn to it because it's overstyled. 🤣
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
I've seen pics of used ones from FK8s...I'm not sure if it was the area the lived in, but the exhaust looked beat to hell, like it was falling apart. So...might not get this, along with the looks lol. Back to the drawing board.

Knowing my luck, my milltek won't sell and I'll throw it back on. Having the stock exhaust on is a tad too boring. Hard to find that middle area for me

MERAKIAUTOWORKS

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Type R
Any chance y'all can find out when the FL5 exhaust may be available for purchase?
They won't give a solid ETA

-Josh

Savannah@TSP

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, ‘20 FC4 (sold)
Milltek's sounds better.

EJHonda

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71
I had a Borla for a short time on my Evo 8. It was raspy as hell with an annoying highway drone after I had HKS cams installed. Got a ticket on the way home from the cam install; NYS trooper said he knew I was loud when he could hear me over the tractor-trailer I was following up a hill. Pulling foam earplugs out while he walked up to the window probably didn't help my case. Build quality and materials were very nice, but that sound wasn't going to pass most track noise limits. Replaced it with a Fujitsubo. Hopefully Borla has addressed this in their newer designs, but that video clip of the idle growl gave me some PTSD flashbacks to my Evo.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I had a Borla for a short time on my Evo 8. It was raspy as hell with an annoying highway drone after I had HKS cams installed. Got a ticket on the way home from the cam install; NYS trooper said he knew I was loud when he could hear me over the tractor-trailer I was following up a hill. Pulling foam earplugs out while he walked up to the window probably didn't help my case. Build quality and materials were very nice, but that sound wasn't going to pass most track noise limits. Replaced it with a Fujitsubo. Hopefully Borla has addressed this in their newer designs, but that video clip of the idle growl gave me some PTSD flashbacks to my Evo.
I think that sound quality is why more domestic cars like to run them.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I've only got a FK7, but man I love my borla. I got a smoking deal on an FK8 borla and slapped it on my FK7. (Facebook marketplace... Keep an eye open!) It came with swappable plates to go from relatively closed to wide open (atak). Sound was amazing in Atak, but then I got a catted downpipe then it was DRONE city and SUPER LOUD. I dialed it back w/ the middle ground S-type plate. It's got some drone at a few different rpms, but oh my, what a beautiful sound otherwise. It's quiet when you're just crusing and straight up pissed off when romping on it. You won't match the mid range growl with any other exhaust system.

earfejj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Am I the only person that think this looks gaudy and over-styled? While the sound is acceptable the way it looks is terrible for the price.

No offense to anyone who likes it but it's not for me...
It really does sound good, but I can't get over the way it looks. :(

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW Type R
What makes the Borla worth almost twice as much as the AWE Touring I bought?

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
What makes the Borla worth almost twice as much as the AWE Touring I bought?
There are differences in materials, design, construction, but these manufacturers are going to charge what they think people will pay. In this case, Borla may think people would rather have one Borla exhaust at the price of 2 AWE's. 🤷‍♂️

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW Type R
Sure thing, I come from the Porsche world for the last 5-6 years and AWE is pretty popular, Borla is non-existent, I was surprised to see Borla would command a premium on exhaust for a Honda.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
The DE5 pikes peak was also sporting this

11th Gen Honda Civic Borla ATAK Exhaust for FL5 preview-928x522(4)