• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bose 12 speaker system HB

squish72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ss camaro and soon 22 hatchback civic
Does anyone have any more info on this? Looking for where the speakers are placed and sizes. I tried to look around and couldnt find anything.
Sponsored

OP
OP
squish72

squish72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's what I found. It's all about the sedan but I believe the only difference between the two is the hatch will have the twiddlers behind the headrests in the back and the sub is in the passenger rear corner

Bose Premium Sound System Details:

-One 3.25-inch (80 mm) Bose Twiddler mid/high-range speaker in the center of the instrument panel.

-Four 1-inch (25 mm) lightweight neodymium tweeters – one in each A-pillar and one in each rear door.

-Two 6.5-inch (165 mm) wide-range speakers – one in each front door.

-Two 5.25-inch (130 mm) wide-range speakers – one in each rear door.

-Two 3.25-inch (80 mm) Bose Twiddler mid/high-range speakers – one on each side of the rear deck.

-One 8-inch (200 mm) woofer in the center of the rear deck.

A Bose digital amplifier with 12 channels of custom equalization and advanced digital signal processing

loslalane

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
The sedan has the Subwoofer in the rear deck, whereas the hatchback has the Sub inside the rear quarter panel as shown.
Now let's just hope the Si gets this Bose system you know The TypeR is already a given to have the Bose system.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Now let's just hope the Si gets this Bose system you know The TypeR is already a given to have the Bose system.
The SI won’t be getting the Bose system. I do wish it were available as an option in the lesser trims as the improvement in sound quality is quite large from the base system.

OP
OP
squish72

squish72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never been a fan of Bose systems. Just usually makes it a lot harder to swap speakers due to the individual amping and eq'ing Bose has.
I'm new to Honda but my Camaro has a Bose system and there is a company that has made an module that gives you clean source that avoids the bass fall off at higher levels. But it's fairly expensive in itself.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
The SI won’t be getting the Bose system. I do wish it were available as an option in the lesser trims as the improvement in sound quality is quite large from the base system.
Can you provide a source that confirms the Si won’t have the Bose?

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
+1 on making the premium sound options available on the Si.... Enthusiasts who like 6MT also like music for heavens sake! (Or maybe the Integra will will this niche...)

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
+1 on making the premium sound options available on the Si.... Enthusiasts who like 6MT also like music for heavens sake! (Or maybe the Integra will will this niche...)
The Integra A-Spec which we know will have the 6MT will have upgraded Audio. Just look at the ILX to see what might be offered with this trim. It will be interesting to see if they do Bose or Acura’s ELS

Last edited:

Kostas_2

First Name
Konstantinos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X HB 1.5
The sedan has the Subwoofer in the rear deck, whereas the hatchback has the Sub inside the rear quarter panel as shown.
This looks like photo from the service manual! If true, how can I find a copy?
Wanna investigate the infotainment of the new Civic.

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Can you provide a source that confirms the Si won’t have the Bose?
All the stuff I’ve seen on it says it’ll have the Bose audio system in it.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
This looks like photo from the service manual! If true, how can I find a copy?
Wanna investigate the infotainment of the new Civic.
Anyone can buy a subscription at techinfo.honda.com
Sponsored