• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Build quality

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
i have the fk8 and ive never had any problem with it so far i see people here having quality issues with the fl5 and it was supose to be a better built car which is not the case
Sponsored

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
FL5 do not have build quality issues. Aside from the seats on the first 600 cars into the US and a few creaks/squeaks that are common on all 11th gen Civics it's been a solid car IMO. The FK8 had way more transmission issues out of the gate if I remember correctly. Also that lack of a volume knob was a HUGE deal. Haha.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Car appears to be built well IMO, we'll see over the next year how it holds up. A few minor buzzes on occasion but both my '99 and '13 Si did too, nothing bad or needing fixing though.

Captain

Ghost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Touring - 2020 BMW M340ixdrive
Same as 10th gen had it after 9th gen civic honda decided to made rocker panel with plastic

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Only thing i can say about the fl5 is that is to bland it should of looked like the upcoming integra type s

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Only thing i can say about the fl5 is that is to bland it should of looked like the upcoming integra type s
It doesnā€™t look bland at all in person. And Iā€™m glad it doesnā€™t look like the ITS or else I wouldnā€™t have bought one šŸ˜ƒ

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Ive seen many already mostly in the nice blue color it more accord looking no ofense

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Correct. The FL5 doesnā€™t look like a Gundam toy. Though I admit I be lookinā€™ at the FK8 any time I see oneā€¦not because I want one, but because itā€™s cool car.

For those that want their FL5 to look more Gundam, Iā€™m sure there will be tons of accessories available in the coming months/years. Thatā€™s really a great thing about the FL5. It is more of a blank canvas for customization whereas the FK8 was over-stylized out of the box.

No build quality issues here, other than the expected (though still annoying) squeaks and rattles already mentioned.

Last edited:

Fl5ap

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Only build quality issue I noticed so far that is kind of annoying is the windows feel like they are paper thin.

If you just put them down a little I notice that they can rattle when you go certain bumps. Its like the glass isnt thick enough so it gets jostled around a little. I can't really knock it against the build quality CTR because the doors and roof are the only parts from the base Civic but I honestly never had a car do that before lol.
Dude this window rattle absolutely drives me crazy. I'm a big fan of driving with the windows rolled down a bit. But i either have to roll them down all the way or not at all. No in between Because they rattle lol. Obviously a very minimal gripe. Still amazing car