• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Seems like a bunch of people in Canada have got their CTR in the past few days per the FB group...hoping this ain't the final batch this year...

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Seems like a bunch of people in Canada have got their CTR in the past few days per the FB group...hoping this ain't the final batch this year...
And still none for us civicxi forum members. 😂 I hope each and everyone of us here gets one.

Rpz

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla model Y
this one is already gone and to be honest wasn't a bad deal if he would take anything 70K or above.

Now even California dealer only mark up $5000 usd

Msrp in the states
$43295 + $1095 destination & handling
Plus $5000 mark up
Total $49390

$49390 convert to cad = $67315 cad

Still much cheaper than $80000-$88888 that Canadian dealers are asking

5D1D1432-7840-48C2-93F8-BD1CE779029B.jpeg

Bender Unit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 PRIME
And still none for us civicxi forum members. 😂 I hope each and everyone of us here gets one.
I am the Vancouver Honda FL5 CW :thumbsup:
Deposited since Nov. 26, 2021
bought at MSRP, no Trade In required, no BS $3,000 ceramic coating, no forced add-on accessories.

former FK8 CW owner since 2018, sold it last March 2022

ChiroCale

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Ridgeline
bought at MSRP, no Trade In required, no BS $3,000 ceramic coating, no forced add-on accessories.

Awesome! Congrats!!

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R

[/QUOTE
Atlast! Around my province too. I hope to see your FL5 around. You gave us hope with your post. Congrats again!! 🙌🏿

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Although this car, but fuel to the fire of the situation in Canada, but it looks like in this country it will be almost impossible to get one anybody know of a way for me to buy one in the US and bring it over, I called the dealer cross the border and they told me they cannot sell me the car as it is considered exportation and is illegal for them to do it by the rules of Honda America, if someone knows how to do it, please let me know

It’s not illegal for them to sell it to you. The main issue is that they have to charge you like the car is being sold to an American in America. This means you would have to pay full sales tax for whichever state you register the car in, you would have to have an America address for registration purposes and all identifying information has to be associated with an American address.

Then you can figure out importing it to Canada, a North American dealership will not facilitate the importation in anyway shape or form, it’s all on you, so do your research. It also means that the car’s warranty would not apply since it’s only applicable to dealers in the United States.

Make sure to do your research because if you drop the ball on any step they have the capability to seize the car on suspicion that you’re trying to smuggle something or launder money.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Unrelated to FL5, but I got the ITS call.

Dealership (largest in GTA) is only getting 2 at launch 1 black, and 1 white. I'm taking the white.

Allocations for future periods are unknown. Rep says there is no indication this will be a volume vehicle (or how limited it might be) but there are very few (51) Acura dealers in Canada and they are only getting 2, make your own conclusions.

But should be ironing out the deal once pricing is released (expected may 11).

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
Unrelated to FL5, but I got the ITS call.

Dealership (largest in GTA) is only getting 2 at launch 1 black, and 1 white. I'm taking the white.

Allocations for future periods are unknown. Rep says there is no indication this will be a volume vehicle (or how limited it might be) but there are very few (51) Acura dealers in Canada and they are only getting 2, make your own conclusions.

But should be ironing out the deal once pricing is released (expected may 11).
I would have been surprised if even the biggest dealer had a lot of stock on sale day. They need to send at least one to every dealer in North America. But I’m pretty sure stock will come way faster than the FL5… if its sells more than TLX or base integra, they will make ITS instead of those 2… at least that’s what I would do if I was them. TLX have rebate right now… base integra aren’t a huge success either… and of course its not a volume vehicule… its a more than 50k manual civic, without AWD, in Canada… It’s still a niche car

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I would have been surprised if even the biggest dealer had a lot of stock on sale day. They need to send at least one to every dealer in North America. But I’m pretty sure stock will come way faster than the FL5… if its sells more than TLX or base integra, they will make ITS instead of those 2… at least that’s what I would do if I was them. TLX have rebate right now… base integra aren’t a huge success either… and of course its not a volume vehicule… its a more than 50k manual civic, without AWD, in Canada… It’s still a niche car
The assumption that the ITS will be more plentiful than FL5 because it's made in USA is incorrect.

The ITS shares majority of its components with the FL5 which they cannot make enough of the required parts to service the demand.

TLX doesn't share any major components with another high demand Honda product. So they can pump that out if they want.

If you assume Honda is limited in its ability to product FL5 parts, you can assume regardless how well the ITS sells they won't be able to make enough quickly.

I guess it comes down to if you believe the FL5 production is limited at will or limited by production.
Sponsored