• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Carmate JDM Keycase

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
while i also want to preserve the case, this sadly adds more bulk. Does anyone make a device that shrinks all the keyfobs down so the group of them become pocket-size?? :rolleyes: :p
If you want shrinkage then this😂

Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
What is that? I don’t recall getting anything like that with my car.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I'd love to buy one of these or even two of them but I can't translate the Japanese on the website to even make sense of how to order it. If someone is willing to bring a small batch of these into the US I'd be willing to pay a little extra per fob for your time!

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Prior to that video I’d never seen a key fob card before. I want one just as a collectible trinket (even if it is non-functional for my car). Pretty cool!

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Hey everyone! Has anyone successfully ordered the Carmate Key Fob Cover from Rakuten? I’ve tried ordering but got refunded/cancelled. I’m from Canada btw.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Hey everyone! Has anyone successfully ordered the Carmate Key Fob Cover from Rakuten? I’ve tried ordering but got refunded/cancelled. I’m from Canada btw.
I have not; however, I ordered the OEM Honda Key Fob Cover and it arrived last week. It's number 12 in the Honda Key Cover Catalog. I believe it is very similar to the Carmate product or vice versa.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not; however, I ordered the OEM Honda Key Fob Cover and it arrived last week. It's number 12 in the Honda Key Cover Catalog. I believe it is very similar to the Carmate product or vice versa.
Can I have the store link if you don’t mind? Can’t seem to find a store other than blackhawk when I search “08F44-PM4-090E” code for the cover.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Can I have the store link if you don’t mind? Can’t seem to find a store other than blackhawk when I search “08F44-PM4-090E” code for the cover.
I purchased from Black Hawk Japan.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Confirming this is faux carbon fiber right? I'm using a CF one right now and it kills my signal range. If so I'll need to see if there is anything else I want from Black Hawk...

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Confirming this is faux carbon fiber right? I'm using a CF one right now and it kills my signal range. If so I'll need to see if there is anything else I want from Black Hawk...
I cannot confirm as they're still sitting in the box, but it's listed on Honda's website as "deluxe imitation carbon" so it should be fine.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
My favorite key case is the genuine leather FL5 Type R key case by Honda, with part number 08U08-PM4-010A, that is actually MADE IN JAPAN.

It isn't inexpensive, costing around $40-50, but I have a soft spot for OE parts. They just fit perfectly and are durable.

The funny thing is, I don't even own a Type R yet, but I've already purchased one of these. I also bought a similar, genuine key case for my GR Yaris, made by Toyota.

11th Gen Honda Civic Carmate JDM Keycase key_cas

Last edited:

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
My favorite key case is the genuine leather FL5 Type R key case by Honda, with part number 08U08-PM4-010A.

It isn't inexpensive, costing around $40-50, but I have a soft spot for OE parts. They just fit perfectly and are durable.

The funny thing is, I don't even own a Type R yet, but I've already purchased one of these. I also bought a similar, genuine key case for my GR Yaris, made by Toyota.

key_case.jpeg
Thanks for sharing your experience. I thought about these briefly but thought they would be a little bulkier than I'd like. The faux carbon case appears to have a smaller footprint and looks sleaker IMHO. Good to hear you're happy with them as this could be yet another option for folks interested in a key fob cover/protector.

I'm with you on your affinity for OE parts, especially Honda. The fitment, quality, and consistency are always spot on.
Sponsored

Reactions: 007