• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Center Console Infotainment and Glovebox Rattle

tfcivicfl5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I had only 10 miles on my car and left the dealership with a very annoying rattle by the dash center speaker/infotainment system. I also have a rattle coming from the glovebox.

The buzzing/rattle by the center speaker is more annoying and continues to rattle as i drive. Did anyone figure out what needs to be done to stop the rattle?

I saw a post about the glove box push pin on the left side, someone put black electrical tape on it and it stopped.
Sponsored

DagCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
At the dealership getting an oil change and have my buddy who is the master tech look at a seatbelt clicking noise and center console rattle

not sure what the fix is but he texted me while back there and said there is a TSB fix for the center console rattle. He os doing it now.I can ask him what it says to do if you want but if it works since there is a Honda fix sounds like you can just take it to your dealership and they can look at the TSB fix

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
That PDF linked to above is broken. This is an updated one that I was able to open.

Attachments

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
That PDF linked to above is broken. This is an updated one that I was able to open.
Do you know if the dealer will fix this for free? Did anyone actually get this fixed?

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I believe I have this noise in my Type R but it doesn't bug me that much as it's only on certain bumps randomly. If it gets worse then I might have them fix it while it's under warranty but it's not bad enough to justify a special trip for it.

Unless they improved the tolerance between the parts or added this foam from the factory I suspect that the TSB will be revised to include 2023 cars as well.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Found a new rattle today and it seems to be coming from the AC vent grille. Looks part of it isn’t properly connected? Anyone seeing this flex in theirs? This is just a little left of the Type R badge and you can see there is less flex as I move farther away from the badge.

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Just got done. He said the bullitin has them put some foam inbetween the dash and infotainment stand. It said there is too much open space inbetween them
I asked about this and they said there was no service bulletin. The glove box piece I show where the problem is in my thread.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
Has anyone completed the infotainment rattle fix themselves?

I see the final step in the TSB is "Do the climate control unit Self-Diagnostic Function with the HDS". I found some instructions online on how to do this, but am always open to feedback with these kinds of things.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
My FL5 rattles now too. I blame y'all.

Thing is I think it is coming from my camera housing on the windshield. Honestly, I know it is.
Sponsored