• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JSWAN Real Carbon Fiber Center Console

OP
OP
getGroyped

getGroyped

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
The answer to your initial question is a simple one: pay up for the OEM accessory or leave it stock. Now you've gone through two pieces that missed the mark and you're out some money.
Fortunately, I got a refund on the JSWAN piece and will be getting a refund on the EPR piece. I reached out to Carbon Sixth Element to see if they could make one. If they won’t do it, I will buy the OEM overlay or get the Overlands Alcantara wrap.
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Fortunately, I got a refund on the JSWAN piece and will be getting a refund on the EPR piece. I reached out to Carbon Sixth Element to see if they could make one. If they won’t do it, I will buy the OEM overlay or get the Overlands Alcantara wrap.
Good for you, happy to hear your were able to secure refunds on both. Sadly the market is flooded with low quality carbon fiber pieces. They're clearly taking advantage of the fact that most people don't know (or care?) what proper carbon fiber looks and/or feels like. Let us know how or if Carbon Sixth Element works out.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Are there any reputable places that sell the LHD carbon accessory? It’s probably the only area I don’t love in the interior and would like to go OEM if possible.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Are there any reputable places that sell the LHD carbon accessory? It’s probably the only area I don’t love in the interior and would like to go OEM if possible.
I got mine from Dream, but I know there’s other good sources. Tegiwa and Blackhawk come to mind.

I haven’t installed it yet, because I want to keep my OEM aluminum console in case I ever want to switch back. Apparently the OEM console trim is real aluminum and the same aluminum used on the shift knob (per the Honda Japan website). From what I’ve seen, this OEM aluminum piece is rather expensive too. What I plan on doing is sourcing an Si console trim and apply the carbon fiber overlay to that. It appears to be the same fitment as the FL5, but I don’t know for sure. I need to look into it further.

Reactions: CTR

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I got mine from Dream, but I know there’s other good sources. Tegiwa and Blackhawk come to mind.

I haven’t installed it yet, because I want to keep my OEM aluminum console in case I ever want to switch back. Apparently the OEM console trim is real aluminum and the same aluminum used on the shift knob (per the Honda Japan website). From what I’ve seen, this OEM aluminum piece is rather expensive too. What I plan on doing is sourcing an Si console trim and apply the carbon fiber overlay to that. It appears to be the same fitment as the FL5, but I don’t know for sure. I need to look into it further.
I don't follow. You would simply remove it if you decide go back to stock. The only thing that will be left behind is adhesive which can easily be removed with isopropyl alcohol or adhesive remover. The aluminum surface is rugged enough that it likely will not mar.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I don't follow. You would simply remove it if you decide go back to stock. The only thing that will be left behind is adhesive which can easily be removed with isopropyl alcohol or adhesive remover. The aluminum surface is rugged enough that it likely will not mar.
Ah OK. I wasn’t sure how tough the adhesive is. Some super sticky 3M double sides tapes are pretty much permanent…and that’s my concern. So taking it off would be really difficult without damaging something. That’s why I was thinking about simply applying the CF overlay to an entirely new/separate console trim piece.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Ah OK. I wasn’t sure how tough the adhesive is. Some super sticky 3M double sides tapes are pretty much permanent…and that’s my concern. So taking it off would be really difficult without damaging something. That’s why I was thinking about simply applying the CF overlay to an entirely new/separate console trim piece.
If you're concerned, don't take the word of a rando on the Internet🤣. I'm overly meticulous, to a fault sometimes, about these things and if I were concerned I would either not buy the cf overlay, or take your approach of purchasing a throw away console cover to lay it over. My understanding is it is a true metal as you mentioned and it's also pricey, so I get it. If the cf piece were slathered in BETALINK, I would definitely be concerned, but that's not the case here. The double sided tape appears to be paper-based so removing it shouldn't cause any heartburn.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@Clark_Kent Yeah your attention to detail with all the upgrades you’ve done to your car are absolutely second to none! You’ve done everything the way I would do it and hired professionals with the more complicated things. I (cautiously) trust you! Hahaha! ;)

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
@Clark_Kent Yeah your attention to detail with all the upgrades you’ve done to your car are absolutely second to none! You’ve done everything the way I would do it and hired professionals with the more complicated things. I (cautiously) trust you! Hahaha! ;)
😄 thanks buddy. Appreciate you!

OP
OP
getGroyped

getGroyped

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
It appears that Carbon Sixth Element is going to start selling aftermarket center consoles soon.

The quality looks OEM

Last edited:
OP
OP
getGroyped

getGroyped

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I ordered the piece from Carbon Sixth Element today! I will let you all know how it goes.

FL5 CTR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I got the JSWAN in matte. It's not perfect - some small imperfections with the weave. It gets lost, though. It's good enough for me for the price - it looks better than the stock silver. At the end of the day, this is a Honda Civic. Couple of pictures with the red shift boot and arm rest attached for those interested.

11th Gen Honda Civic JSWAN Real Carbon Fiber Center Console IMG_8101

11th Gen Honda Civic JSWAN Real Carbon Fiber Center Console IMG_8102

11th Gen Honda Civic JSWAN Real Carbon Fiber Center Console IMG_8103

11th Gen Honda Civic JSWAN Real Carbon Fiber Center Console IMG_8104

11th Gen Honda Civic JSWAN Real Carbon Fiber Center Console IMG_8105