• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Crowd sourced FL5 Type R vehicle/dealer markup map

spiff72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I have a question about the tracker...

I just discovered this tracker 2 days ago and marked my 2023 CTR as sold. I also noted that it was MSRP and no forced accessories. This was a Boost Blue at Crown Motors in Holland, MI.

It doesn't look like the markup info shows up in the report though - does that only show up for unsold cars?

I was also digging into the history of the car. The tracker says it was first seen on 12/10 - but it doesn't show the year. Can I assume this is 12/10/23? When I found the car, I saw Cargurus said it was at the dealer for 60-90 days (can't recall exactly), but I found a PDI checklist in the glovebox that I swear shows a date of 1/8/23 -- which made me think the car was sitting for a year. Hence my question about the "first seen" date - the handwriting is pretty bad, so MAYBE its 2024, or maybe they accidently wrote 23 by mistake (we've all done that at some point in early January)!

OP
OP
dng

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Is the PDI sheet from Japan or the US? Japan quotes dates DD-MMM-YYYY. If you have the VIN and I can check it out for you

spiff72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Is the PDI sheet from Japan or the US? Japan quotes dates DD-MMM-YYYY. If you have the VIN and I can check it out for you
I just messaged you with the VIN - thanks!

CantWait

First Name
Andry Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Can you also check my Vin @dng My dealer wouldnt give me any info please and thank you. My Vin is JHMFL5G44RX001632

Bbfl5

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5 type r
No disrespect however it seems to me like people don't really understand how to negotiate a car deal.
I literally just bought a 2024 of a whim a few Saturday ago. Took about 1 hour to get msrp and all the money for my trade.
Anyone actually going to a dealership prepared to take delivery of the vehicle " right now " is going to get msrp.

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
No disrespect however it seems to me like people don't really understand how to negotiate a car deal.
I literally just bought a 2024 of a whim a few Saturday ago. Took about 1 hour to get msrp and all the money for my trade.
Anyone actually going to a dealership prepared to take delivery of the vehicle " right now " is going to get msrp.
i don't think takes into account the location. if you're in like illinois or ohio then yeah, walk in and buy at msrp. try buying one in seattle or portland at msrp and you'll be laughed off the floor. i can say this with confidence because i had a 2024 bmw m3 to trade in and i walked into nearly all of the dealerships here in portland and the lowest i could get was $4k markup.

Bbfl5

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5 type r
i don't think takes into account the location. if you're in like illinois or ohio then yeah, walk in and buy at msrp. try buying one in seattle or portland at msrp and you'll be laughed off the floor. i can say this with confidence because i had a 2024 bmw m3 to trade in and i walked into nearly all of the dealerships here in portland and the lowest i could get was $4k markup.
I walked into a dealership in Miami Florida and walked out with my fl5 at msrp. So what you're saying doesn't make sense.
The market flipped last November and became a buyer's market for the most part.

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I walked into a dealership in Miami Florida and walked out with my fl5 at msrp. So what you're saying doesn't make sense.
The market flipped last November and became a buyer's market for the most part.
Again, it’s location dependent. There are something like 10 CTRs in the state of Oregon and they’re all asking $10k. I went in to many of them and they would only go down to $4k. Then I called a bunch of dealerships in the Midwest and East coast and I could get a MSRP deal left and right over the phone.

Bbfl5

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5 type r
Again, it’s location dependent. There are something like 10 CTRs in the state of Oregon and they’re all asking $10k. I went in to many of them and they would only go down to $4k. Then I called a bunch of dealerships in the Midwest and East coast and I could get a MSRP deal left and right over the phone.
This is exactly my point. It's about negotiating a car deal. No matter how you try to make sense of your deal. The market has been shifted and dealers finance there inventory. The amount of people buying cars is small because banks aren't giving the same loans as in the past. You really can't argue with the facts.
Asking prices and actual selling price are two different things.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
This is exactly my point. It's about negotiating a car deal. No matter how you try to make sense of your deal. The market has been shifted and dealers finance there inventory. The amount of people buying cars is small because banks aren't giving the same loans as in the past. You really can't argue with the facts.
Asking prices and actual selling price are two different things.
Yeahhh you're new here--ya may want to read up from the beginning before offering your hot take.

The general car market might've flipped in November, but negotiating any deal takes two parties willing to/capable of negotiating and the Type R market (any enthusiast market, really) doesn't necessarily follow the general car market. You might assume buyers are incapable of negotiating and that's why they're paying markups, but your personal experience of getting MSRP without effort is likely creating some bias there.

There are plenty of dealerships willing to sit on these cars because they know local market conditions make it possible for them to get more than MSRP for these cars (even if letting them sit is costing them money). Granted, they're not often getting $20k+ over MSRP like they could in early 2023, but there are areas where dealerships are standing their ground and deals are harder to come by.

Good on you for getting your car at MSRP with no effort, but it doesn't make you a master of negotiation. Likewise, paying a markup doesn't make a person a fool.

MSRP is a suggestion and the car's actual value is equivalent to what someone will pay for it.

Bbfl5

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5 type r
Yeahhh you're new here--ya may want to read up from the beginning before offering your hot take.

The general car market might've flipped in November, but negotiating any deal takes two parties willing to/capable of negotiating and the Type R market (any enthusiast market, really) doesn't necessarily follow the general car market. You might assume buyers are incapable of negotiating and that's why they're paying markups, but your personal experience of getting MSRP without effort is likely creating some bias there.

There are plenty of dealerships willing to sit on these cars because they know local market conditions make it possible for them to get more than MSRP for these cars (even if letting them sit is costing them money). Granted, they're not often getting $20k+ over MSRP like they could in early 2023, but there are areas where dealerships are standing their ground and deals are harder to come by.

Good on you for getting your car at MSRP with no effort, but it doesn't make you a master of negotiation. Likewise, paying a markup doesn't make a person a fool.

MSRP is a suggestion and the car's actual value is equivalent to what someone will pay for it.
You are literally proving my point. You must have not read where the other guy stated that he was getting a bunch of msrp from out of state.
When I was working the deal on mine there was a customer from out of state trying to buy it. I was there ready to go.
I also had a deal on a gr corolla, supra and audi rs3 all of them were msrp the fl5 was just the closest to me.
All from south Florida dealers.
I guess if you drink enough cool-aid then eventually you turn into the cool-aid man lol

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic

not worth arguing here lol
Sponsored