• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Crowd sourced FL5 Type R vehicle/dealer markup map

OP
OP
dng

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Sorry about the login page being busted. Now fixed! Thanks for sharing your intel with the community!

Big drop of cars across the country, 230+ in the last week! Good luck

Last edited:

Jpsella

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E550, Mercedes ML350, 1972 Corvette

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Are prices softening from what you see? In AZ a couple of months ago I was offered first dibs on a CW at $ 10K over. Passed, but only because I am keeping my FK8, otherwise I would have at least put down a deposit and test driven it. And cars tend to go higher here - not as high as in CA, but higher than some places.

if the market is paying over MSRP, than by definition, the car is worth it. Sales don't lie.

Life is short, drive the dream.
Money is ultimately less important that time and opportunity.
You can spend your entire life obsessing over the best deal - and all you will think at the end is 'I should have gone for it.'

That said, one should still shop.

OP
OP
dng

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Seems to be softening. The stats don’t yet reflect it but lots of cars coming to urban markets. Lots more dealers open to 5k now in my own phone calls

Testa_Rossa_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW CTR
Seems to be softening. The stats don’t yet reflect it but lots of cars coming to urban markets. Lots more dealers open to 5k now in my own phone calls
First time potential CTR buyer, do you see them dipping any lower? I could be in the position to make a move on one early next year but I also don't wanna be blatantly screwed over either. I'd love MSRP or only 2-3k over and assume time is on my side but I'm also new to these vehicles.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
First time potential CTR buyer, do you see them dipping any lower? I could be in the position to make a move on one early next year but I also don't wanna be blatantly screwed over either. I'd love MSRP or only 2-3k over and assume time is on my side but I'm also new to these vehicles.
No one here knows the answer to that question. Their guess is as good as yours or mine. It's all speculation. Go back and read some of the pricing related threads from Page 1 that started last year or earlier. A lot of the comments didn't age well. The fire sale of FL5s at MSRP or below purported by many last year still hasn't arrived. The market has softened for sure, but borrowing costs have also increased significantly since late 2022, early 2023. I wouldn't call it zero sum, but it's something to consider unless you're paying cash.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
The car market is currently slowing down, primarily due to high interest rates. This might not immediately impact the pricing of a high-demand car like the Civic Type R, but over time, it likely will. Patience is key in this situation. Drawing a parallel from stock trading, where the worst move is often succumbing to FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) and hastily buying an asset, the same principle applies here. In trading, as in car buying, timing is everything. Remember, no asset remains overbought indefinitely. Currently, the new Type R is in this overbought phase. True, it may be the last ICE Type R with a manual transmission, but production isn't halting just yet. If paying MSRP is your aim, stay the course. You'll achieve it. Don't let the urgency of naysayers and impulsive buyers sway you into believing you need this car immediately. Patience will serve you well in securing your desired vehicle at a reasonable cost.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Interest rates are high indeed. That could alone make it worse than paying 5k over MSRP. Pay cash or use your own credit union to save the interest. You can also look into buying used and depreciated vehicles. It's your money.

All the best.

Testa_Rossa_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW CTR
Damn! Was about to pull the trigger for 2K over but now I’m thinking I should wait for MSRP.
Wondering the same. I've got a few dealers I've spoken to that want to move their cars at 5k over and I was gonna see if I could shake one down to 2-3k over. Now I'm thinking I could use this info to nab an even better deal.

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
Damn! Was about to pull the trigger for 2K over but now I’m thinking I should wait for MSRP.
Wait it out. There's been a lot of people on the FB and Reddit groups getting theirs for MSRP recently.

OP
OP
dng

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Hope you like civic type r's because we now have 2024 model year cars :)

https://www.motoringobsession.com/stock/civic-type-r

Good luck!
If it helps, you can filter for model year now.

Filtering for remaining 2023 and contacting dealers might be an interesting tactic if they are on site and on the ground, especially since the weather has turned quite cold up north.
Sponsored