• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR Initial Mods

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
Didn't get pictures (will take some tomorrow). But I got my Thinkware F200 Pro dash cam hard wired in with all wires concealed and tucked away and fully installed. Wife got it for me for Christmas and it's super nice!

Would definitely recommend. 1080p, continuous recording, motion detection when car is off and parked, rear camera included, and up to 128 gb of rewritable storage. Decent amount of options on the app. Only qualm is the connectivity to the app is frustrating if you Bluetooth to your car.

branz

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Didn't get pictures (will take some tomorrow). But I got my Thinkware F200 Pro dash cam hard wired in with all wires concealed and tucked away and fully installed. Wife got it for me for Christmas and it's super nice!

Would definitely recommend. 1080p, continuous recording, motion detection when car is off and parked, rear camera included, and up to 128 gb of rewritable storage. Decent amount of options on the app. Only qualm is the connectivity to the app is frustrating if you Bluetooth to your car.
Did you hardwire into the fuse box? If so do you remember what fuse location you used?

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you hardwire into the fuse box? If so do you remember what fuse location you used?
I did, I didn't specifically pick a spot I just used a circuit tester to find a battery fuse and an ACC fuse. I used 10A fuse locations. I can try and get a picture of exactly which ones they are for ya if you'd like

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's some pics to help you out if you decide to go that route.

Definitely be sure to double check with a circuit tester. Hope this helps.

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods 20221230_135915

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods Screenshot_20221230_140213_Gallery

branz

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Here's some pics to help you out if you decide to go that route.

Definitely be sure to double check with a circuit tester. Hope this helps.

20221230_135915.jpg

Screenshot_20221230_140213_Gallery.jpg
Thank you sir. This is very much appreciated.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Speaking of initial mods, this afternoon I sent out the following to a good friend who's building his FL5 for the track.

Paragon 6-piston Front BBK + R5 Track Pads + Titanium Shims
Paragon 350mm Upsized Rotor Kit + R5 Track Pads

Link to Paragon Brakes @ Unity

He did his first track day in the FL5, obliterated his stock FK8 time by 5 seconds and found the limits of the FL5 stock brakes. We thought about doing just the Rotor and Pads upgrade instead of the full BBK right away but changed our mind as he already tested the capabilities of the Brembo system by the end of his FK8 ownership with aftermarket two-piece rotors and many different pads.

FK8 Rotors, Pads, Calipers, and Brake Lines carry over to the FL5 entirely, so that's a huge relief as the rest of the 11th Gen lineup is totally different from 10th Gen. Here's pictures of how the setup looks on my FK8, and I will share the content when he's got his setup installed :)

20220618_2309201.jpg

FK8FL5 Stock 305mm Rear Rotors (1080 × 1080px) (1).png

20220903_103953 (1).jpg

Stay tuned for this setup on the FL5!

Disclaimer: I will 100% say that for the novice-intermediate folks, you do NOT need to start off with a brake upgrade for your FL5! Try your first track day completely stock, then once you've finished them / exceeded them go for pads + fluid + shims and maybe SS brake lines. Once your rotors are done, then get some that fit your budget - you can get away with a $300 aftermarket set, OE 2-piece for $650, or $800+ for EBC, Girodisc, Paragon and others that are also 2-piece but benefit from much better venting than OE. Unless you're doing it for aesthetics, an aftermarket BBK for the FK8/FL5 is only for those going for ultimate time attack and endurance racing, and same goes for the 350mm Rear Rotor Upgrade.
👍

Mad respect for the disclaimer.

Those brakes look sweet though!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
👍

Mad respect for the disclaimer.

Those brakes look sweet though!
Thank You, and absolutely I'm against any advising or pushing of parts for the sake of making a sale. Just not something you'll see me do. 2017 - 2019 I was just a member of CivicX building my Si and sharing my progress, and through that process one thing led to another I was doing group-buys, and once the group buys became too big to manage I created the brand. Been working away at it, humbled to have a heavily modified FK8 now, FL5 and ITS on order for 2023-2024.

So yeah, I'm just in the dude in the community that's also building these cars, sharing my learnings, and grateful to have the support of people who want to do the same :)

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Tint
Ceramic
Cargo tray
Seat back covers
All seasons from tuxmat
Bernie Sanders doll in the back seat

Forged Wheels (Likely the Honda ones)
Alcantara back seat
Heated seats perhaps (if it isn't too much trouble)

Keep an eye on intakes as the aftermarket rolls them out.
Did you ever get the Bernie Sanders doll for the back seat?