• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR Initial Mods

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
Just got the car back. Entire car PPF’d and the Dream seat covers installed (just driver shown in the pic)

164508FF-CD2D-44EF-872C-117E9344989D.jpeg

7714EC48-3D54-4504-AF5C-439E74BDFCB4.jpeg

62DC875E-D061-4058-987D-9F9CF6519F63.jpeg

EBCECA34-36AA-49A4-996B-C1755C3BAD24.jpeg
I have the same seat covers on my 2019 CTR. I plan on swapping them over. Did you also get the rear seat covers from them. I was hoping to swap them over also.

Thanks,
Don
Sponsored

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
I skipped the rear covers so can’t comment on how well the previous gen covers would fit the FL5

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I get my new R in about a month or so I'll post. Got grand kids it's a must have. I have had the front covers since 2019.

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I have the same seat covers on my 2019 CTR. I plan on swapping them over. Did you also get the rear seat covers from them. I was hoping to swap them over also.

Thanks,
Don
Those covers look horrendous. These cars are meant to be used and driven. Wear and tear is normal. Kind of takes away the fun and feeling imo.

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still work on cars, go fishing, etc and this car is used for all that. If I didn't get real dirty then maybe no seat covers. I prefer ugly seat covers than a greasy stained red seat.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Cover takes 2 seconds to take off and about 10 seconds to put on. If you ever get the urge to see the nice seat and feel the clingy (in a good way) fabric you can take off the cover, no biggie.

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing, '24 FL5
I'm also debating an itasha wrap a little down the road because I'm a terrible nerd. Lemme know if you have any ceramic/PPF recs in the ATL area.
For PPF I'd recommend Glass Tiger in Liliburn. It's just OTP, but they do a great job. I haven't gotten my wraps done through them, though, as they were too backed up on that front. Instead I got mine done at 5amvinyl (NE OTP) and I'd definitely recommend them for wraps; they did the Chainsaw Man wrap on my MX5 and we'll likely have them wrap the blackwing.

I attempted to get some spots ITP to do mine, but they all refused or had too substantial a wait time (months in some cases).

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
For PPF I'd recommend Glass Tiger in Liliburn. It's just OTP, but they do a great job. I haven't gotten my wraps done through them, though, as they were too backed up on that front. Instead I got mine done at 5amvinyl (NE OTP) and I'd definitely recommend them for wraps; they did the Chainsaw Man wrap on my MX5 and we'll likely have them wrap the blackwing.

I attempted to get some spots ITP to do mine, but they all refused or had too substantial a wait time (months in some cases).
I hit up Glass Tiger for my tint and ended up going the ceramic coating route instead of PPF. A buddy of mine with experience offered to do it for me so I couldn't pass it up. He did a killer job too!

How much did your Chainsaw Man wrap cost at 5amvinyl if you don't mind me asking?

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Those covers look horrendous. These cars are meant to be used and driven. Wear and tear is normal. Kind of takes away the fun and feeling imo.
It’s like back in the day when people would cover there sofa with a clear plastic wrap…

The seats are one of the most enjoyable aspects of this car. Covering it up with these seat cover bags I’m seeing on here blows my mind. They look like something you would use to cover your patio furniture in the winter time. But at the end of the day each to there own.

Timmmmmm13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 2014
It’s like back in the day when people would cover there sofa with a clear plastic wrap…

The seats are one of the most enjoyable aspects of this car. Covering it up with these seat cover bags I’m seeing on here blows my mind. They look like something you would use to cover your patio furniture in the winter time. But at the end of the day each to there own.
Totally agree. To each there own but I plan to use this car every day, and use all of it. If something gets dirty I'll clean it. That's why this car is so perfect. It is the best of both worlds. It's a track weapon and a daily. I plan to use it as both.

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R

You’re right, to each their own. I just love these seats.

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much did your Chainsaw Man wrap cost at 5amvinyl if you don't mind me asking?
I don't recall the exact amount. The design was free since my wife did it. The print and application at 5amvinyl was ~1300, but part of the price was using a clear material to let the pearl white show through. Opaque materials cost less and I think it was priced under $1k for that.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I don't recall the exact amount. The design was free since my wife did it. The print and application at 5amvinyl was ~1300, but part of the price was using a clear material to let the pearl white show through. Opaque materials cost less and I think it was priced under $1k for that.
That is actually far more reasonable than I had guessed. I might have to ruin my car with an itasha wrap sooner than I thought...

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is actually far more reasonable than I had guessed. I might have to ruin my car with an itasha wrap sooner than I thought...
Most of the cost of an Itasha wrap is the art and design. For very simple ones with off-the-shelf art it can be cheaper, but if you're doing complex custom art and a full wrap full design it can really become very expensive (understandably).
Sponsored