• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR Initial Mods

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Most of the cost of an Itasha wrap is the art and design. For very simple ones with off-the-shelf art it can be cheaper, but if you're doing complex custom art and a full wrap full design it can really become very expensive (understandably).
My partner is an illustrator so I might be good on the design costs thankfully :D
Sponsored

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Titanium OEM knob and likely tinting. Down the road intake and exhaust.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Those covers look horrendous. These cars are meant to be used and driven. Wear and tear is normal. Kind of takes away the fun and feeling imo.
I completely agree. I would never put those covers or any other covers on my seats. Different strokes for different folks.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
When you say "sloppy" what do you mean by that? Is it of poor quality? Does it feel flimsy? Is it a fitment issue?
I'll try to get some pictures later, but all of the above. The tray came packed, rolled into a cylinder (not a great start). The plastic itself feels fairly flimsy and the fit in the back isn't quite right. Almost like it isn't big enough.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Here are some photos of the fit and a video showing how much it shifts around.
11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods 5111D21D-7389-4891-ACF4-C59F0C638F87
11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods 2271C1FB-8228-4079-A1BC-1E72794523F4
11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods 987F1332-F3D3-4F73-AD0B-0F4C2DEB2965

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Here are some photos of the fit and a video showing how much it shifts around.
Yours definitely looks creased and damaged from being shipped rolled up. I got mine from the dealer and it was flat when it was shipped to them. That would explain why it looks so bad around the edges and popped up in the middle. It's a thinner plastic than I expected but mine does not look like that.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Yours definitely looks creased and damaged from being shipped rolled up. I got mine from the dealer and it was flat when it was shipped to them. That would explain why it looks so bad around the edges and popped up in the middle. It's a thinner plastic than I expected but mine does not look like that.
I can probably fix the creasing but I'm definitely surprised at the fit. It's not a huge deal, I'm just kind of surprised that the tray I had in my 2017 Sport Touring seemed to be higher quality.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Good observation. I was about to comment about the edges of the tray. It certainly seems like it's either damaged or may take some time to come back to its original form. Does your tray slide around like @Bonito 's photo?

Last edited:

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
maybe place it outside in the sun for a couple of hours, for the rubber to soften up, then slowly bend the rubber back into place...?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
maybe place it outside in the sun for a couple of hours, for the rubber to soften up, then slowly bend the rubber back into place...?
It appears to be plastic from the photos but I'm not certain.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Ok, now I've got my "real" short term list - these are the small things I'll do now, down the road I may do bigger stuff like suspension and wheels.

On order: OEM titanium knob

Stuff to order:
Car cover - sadly it's going to live outside since I'm currently garageless
Shift boot, I like the one I have seen where the trim ring is red - the stock boot looks super cheap in pics and I assume IRL
Seat back and trunk protectors, probably get PPF on the bumper too since I've seen how my wife loads cars
Door sills, kick panel protectors
Rear Tuxmats (I've got a 6yr old who will get rides) & OEM R black mats for up front

I'll asume the Bose system sucks since they always do. I'll probably do the same I did in my ND, toss some CDT 2ohms in the doors and upgrade the tweets. Ditto the 8" sub driver, perhaps wire in my RF 8" underseat too. Of course the R is a better environment for music so I may go bigger and rip everything out... we'll see (or hear as the case may be).

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Lots of ppl say the Bose audio is actually pretty good
Sponsored