• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR Initial Mods

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Hey all, I personally feel like FL5 wont need any mods to the engine, feels like it's been tuned to perfection. You know items such as bov, cold air intake and such. The only performance mod I might consider is aftermarket exhaust to improve sound (after I hear it in person).

That being said, I am thinking of getting these done asap when and if I get a CTR. Any suggestions or comments?

-New car detail, if required
-Xpel film protection in certain parts
-All weather mats including trunk (tuxmat)
-Tint
-Ceramic Pro? (Not sure how good Honda paint is, need more research)
-Winter rims/Tyres (18in)
-Undercoat yearly with Krown (not gonna go with dealer coating)

Hope to hear some opinions. FYI, I live in Canada by the ocean and they use crap ton of salt on the roads in the winter.
Sponsored

Last edited:

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
- window tint day 1
- all weather mats
- probably get it ceramic’d right away too while it’s still new
- thinking of getting the optional forged wheels for summer and throwing some winter tires on the stock wheels
- swap out the H badges for ones that are red background and a black H instead of a chrome H, I do not care for the standard Type R H badges
- paint the spoiler and get color matched mirror caps

- I think this one is maybe my top priority, find some cool aftermarket taillights. I don’t know if it’s just me but I HATE the way these things light up. I usually prefer OEM look across the board and keeping things subtle, but the stock taillights look terrible to me. The lighting temperature doesn’t look consistent and I can’t for the life of me figure out why it doesn’t light up all the way across the top while braking (no gaps in the light like you can see in the lower right pic)

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods C0885C62-5C0F-4ECD-ACCC-E789EFE23F9B

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Tint
Ceramic
Cargo tray
Seat back covers
All seasons from tuxmat
Bernie Sanders doll in the back seat

Forged Wheels (Likely the Honda ones)
Alcantara back seat
Heated seats perhaps (if it isn't too much trouble)

Keep an eye on intakes as the aftermarket rolls them out.

OP
OP
katch922

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
For under coat protection, how is Honey Seal? I've seen it featured a few times on Speed Academy's YouTube videos.
I personally would not recommend 19in winter tires. If I am not mistaken you will only find overpriced performance winter tires that are horrible on snow and ice. I would def go for 18 in Michelin x-Ice snow or something similar.

And ya I never noticed the taillight, I'll probably have to live with the car for a few weeks to see what's bugging me. Looking at vids so far I can't seem to find any faults.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I personally would not recommend 19in winter tires. If I am not mistaken you will only find overpriced performance winter tires that are horrible on snow and ice. I would def go for 18 in Michelin x-Ice snow or something similar.

And ya I never noticed the taillight, I'll probably have to live with the car for a few weeks to see what's bugging me. Looking at vids so far I can't seem to find any faults.
Seems like sound advice, I’ve never purchased winters before. I’ll have to look into it a bit more. Thanks!

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Tint and wheels/tires will be the top of my list. I need to get the car first so I'm trying not to put too much thought into exactly which ones to go with.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
First few mods

-Tint
-Paint match OEM Spoiler
-Paint correction and full body PPF
-Tuxmats floor mats
- OEM Accessories: Interior Illumination including door sills and cup holder, Euro-horn, Puddle lights, maybe Alcantara steering wheel & Modulo CF Wing
-OEM Power folding mirrors
-OEM Rear fog light

Last edited:
OP
OP
katch922

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Guess not much more to get for this car atm. Eventually would be nice to see what rims people decide to get for their 2nd set.
First few mods

-Tint
-Paint match OEM Spoiler
-Tuxmats floor mats
- OEM Accessories: Interior Illumination including door sills and cup holder, Euro-horn, Puddle lights, maybe Alcantara steering wheel & Modulo CF Wing
-Power folding mirrors
-OEM Rear fog light
I'm considering some accessories too, especially foot light and side step garnish.

Alcantara rim tho, you're not worried about wear? Might have to drive with gloves on. Hey at least it's not suede.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Guess not much more to get for this car atm. Eventually would be nice to see what rims people decide to get for their 2nd set.

I'm considering some accessories too, especially foot light and side step garnish.

Alcantara rim tho, you're not worried about wear? Might have to drive with gloves on. Hey at least it's not suede.
I am worried, worried to the point that I might buy 2 and keep one as a spare lol. To be honest I'm diving into it because my brother has an M4 competition with an Alcantara steering wheel and he cleans it every time the car gets washed. You would have zero clue that it's a daily driver, the wheel looks as fresh as the day he unwrapped it.

OP
OP
katch922

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
I believe it, I've had Alcantara seats before they are great. Never a wheel tho.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
First few mods

-Tint
-Paint match OEM Spoiler
-Tuxmats floor mats
-OEM Power folding mirrors
-OEM Rear fog light
Do you think US dealers will install the mirrors or are you planning to DIY? Do you think it’ll be hard to do?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Do you think US dealers will install the mirrors or are you planning to DIY? Do you think it’ll be hard to do?
My dealer would not install those mirrors...

Maybe if the car had expired its warranty.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
My dealer would not install those mirrors...

Maybe if the car had expired its warranty.
Is it hard to order stuff like that from JDM dealers? Never done it but definitely interested in a few JDM OEM parts like the mirrors.
Sponsored