• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR Initial Mods

phillystyle17_si

First Name
Romeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R,2023 Honda Civic Type R
Yes,
Just curious here. Do you all plan to keep those on full time and never enjoy those beautiful seats?
yes unfortunately, my fk8 driver seat did don’t look the best after 2 years. So this time I’m making sure I cover it.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
@phillystyle17_si thank you sir! You'll see Tracking for yours later today :)

I keep mine on year round as well, it helps with keeping the surface clean and not wearing down the bolsters since there's less friction getting in and out. I also don't feel guilty/paranoid either having a beverage or snack in the car now.

Totally understand for those using their FK8/FL5 as weekend toys to want to see their beautiful seats, but those of us using them for daily driver duties just want to preserve them for the occasions where we do want to go to car shows / track days where they may come off, and of course resale

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the confirmatio, ordered a set today
Thank You, and thanks to everyone! The Red with Black Sides are now sold out till the next batch in 8 weeks, BUT I do have Black with Red Sides, and all Black in stock :)

Today's orders are ready to head out!

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Has anyone ordered the JDM Leather shift knob?
11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods 7C454D0F-DC25-4CA9-8444-951B94D7458D

Last edited:

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
@Unity Performance

For the seat covers do you have any photos of them on the back of the front FL5 seat? Do they completely cover the plastic? Thinking about getting for when I have kids in the car so they don't scratch the back of the seats with their shoes.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
@Unity Performance

For the seat covers do you have any photos of them on the back of the front FL5 seat? Do they completely cover the plastic? Thinking about getting for when I have kids in the car so they don't scratch the back of the seats with their shoes.
Only pic I have at the moment, but yes they go all the way to the floor and can be tucked in. I regularly have my rear seats folds and transport boxes, wheels & tires etc. so the seat-back protection is key as well

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods 20220814_160503

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Speaking of initial mods, this afternoon I sent out the following to a good friend who's building his FL5 for the track.

Paragon 6-piston Front BBK + R5 Track Pads + Titanium Shims
Paragon 350mm Upsized Rotor Kit + R5 Track Pads

Link to Paragon Brakes @ Unity

He did his first track day in the FL5, obliterated his stock FK8 time by 5 seconds and found the limits of the FL5 stock brakes. We thought about doing just the Rotor and Pads upgrade instead of the full BBK right away but changed our mind as he already tested the capabilities of the Brembo system by the end of his FK8 ownership with aftermarket two-piece rotors and many different pads.

FK8 Rotors, Pads, Calipers, and Brake Lines carry over to the FL5 entirely, so that's a huge relief as the rest of the 11th Gen lineup is totally different from 10th Gen. Here's pictures of how the setup looks on my FK8, and I will share the content when he's got his setup installed :)

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods 20220618_2309201

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods FK8FL5 Stock 305mm Rear Rotors (1080 × 1080px) (1)

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods 20220903_103953 (1)

Stay tuned for this setup on the FL5!

Disclaimer: I will 100% say that for the novice-intermediate folks, you do NOT need to start off with a brake upgrade for your FL5! Try your first track day completely stock, then once you've finished them / exceeded them go for pads + fluid + shims and maybe SS brake lines. Once your rotors are done, then get some that fit your budget - you can get away with a $300 aftermarket set, OE 2-piece for $650, or $800+ for EBC, Girodisc, Paragon and others that are also 2-piece but benefit from much better venting than OE. Unless you're doing it for aesthetics, an aftermarket BBK for the FK8/FL5 is only for those going for ultimate time attack and endurance racing, and same goes for the 350mm Rear Rotor Upgrade.
Sponsored

Last edited: