• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealership offered under $$

Higgs Boson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Out of all the dealerships in the area none of them will do msrp without a markup. Most of them are greedy and won't budge. I've been waiting patiently since the car was released, and believe me I wouldn't pay 60-70k for a type r..
They don't need you to pay that, they need someone else to pay it.
Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
If you had no intent in selling the car, then why bother wasting their time? You got the car for the price you wanted, move on.

I've personally dealt with the two dealerships you mentioned. Couple of emails and maybe a short phone call or two, but that's it. I ended up giving my business somewhere else and that's the end of it, no need to revisit past dealerships or rubbing it in their faces.
Some people are grievance junkies and want to have something to be mad at.

OP was maybe expecting an echo chamber here to validate his rage.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
A dealer has to buy your car (43k), service it (500), detail it (100), market it (100), and floorplan it (1500) before they even sell it they are in it for 45k. They advertise it for 49k hoping it sells fast and they can make 4k. But someone negotiates and they make 3k. With that 3k they need to pay salesman, finance, sales manager, general manager, accounting people, etc etc then they also need to pay the light bill, phone bill, internet bill, lease/rent, etc etc.

Yeah, real greedy.
Damn it’s refreshing to see common sense prevail lol. I’m seeing that quite a few don’t understand how running a business works

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Damn it’s refreshing to see common sense prevail lol. I’m seeing that quite a few don’t understand how running a business works
I see a lot of dealer presence on this forum, which is refreshing and hilarious at the same time.

There's "running a business", which I think does go over people's heads frequently in this entitled day and age and is absolutely on full display in this thread. I've already walked back my initial statement and think the $43k offer for a car with a $44k MSRP in this market is beyond fair. That's not what I'm being a "grievance junky" about.

It's the shenanigans dealers have been enabled to pull by the recent unpredictable market over the past couple years. There's evidence of this everywhere... I've taken advantage of it, and been absolutely reamed by it.

But when I, who am clearly not a franchise dealer, buy a car for $86k in March, trade it for $64k in October, and they list it for $89k a day later "in hopes to make a quick sale", they can fuck. right. the. hell. off. And so can anyone else who thinks "that's just business".

And yes, my grievance is also a reflection of the fact I allowed myself to be taken advantage of, because I ordered a car I waited a year and a half for and let emotions dictate a hilariously bad financial decision. But that doesn't mean the "reverse echo chamber" going on in this dealership pity party of a thread is any less insufferable.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I see a lot of dealer presence on this forum, which is refreshing and hilarious at the same time.

There's "running a business", which I think does go over people's heads frequently in this entitled day and age and is absolutely on full display in this thread. I've already walked back my initial statement and think the $43k offer for a car with a $44k MSRP in this market is beyond fair. That's not what I'm being a "grievance junky" about.

It's the shenanigans dealers have been enabled to pull by the recent unpredictable market over the past couple years. There's evidence of this everywhere... I've taken advantage of it, and been absolutely reamed by it.

But when I, who am clearly not a franchise dealer, buy a car for $86k in March, trade it for $64k in October, and they list it for $89k a day later "in hopes to make a quick sale", they can fuck. right. the. hell. off. And so can anyone else who thinks "that's just business".

And yes, my grievance is also a reflection of the fact I allowed myself to be taken advantage of, because I ordered a car I waited a year and a half for and let emotions dictate a hilariously bad financial decision. But that doesn't mean the "reverse echo chamber" going on in this dealership pity party of a thread is any less insufferable.
Sounds to me like you got some unresolved grievances that need to be aired out with the dealership that you feel slighted you my guy.

Pull up a chair son, I gotchu lol.

Higgs Boson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
I'm not a franchise dealer. Just because you made a decision you regret doesn't mean it was personal or it wasnt business because that's exactly what business is and people get fucked a lot harder than that every day in other industries.

Chances are, the guy that bid your car probably isn't the guy that priced it online. The salesman also didn't know what the right number would be for trade in or what they would price it for later. Did they sell the car in a day for 89 or did it take 6 months and 10-15k in discounts to get it done? How many miles did you put on it in 7 months? 300 or 8,000? Recon, condition, etc so many factors, it's not like you bought it and let it sit on their showroom for 7 months.

I lost 40k dollars on my wife's 2023 X5M50i when I traded it last month. Does anyone want to comfort me?

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I'm not a franchise dealer. Just because you made a decision you regret doesn't mean it was personal or it wasnt business because that's exactly what business is and people get fucked a lot harder than that every day in other industries.

Chances are, the guy that bid your car probably isn't the guy that priced it online. The salesman also didn't know what the right number would be for trade in or what they would price it for later. Did they sell the car in a day for 89 or did it take 6 months and 10-15k in discounts to get it done? How many miles did you put on it in 7 months? 300 or 8,000? Recon, condition, etc so many factors, it's not like you bought it and let it sit on their showroom for 7 months.

I lost 40k dollars on my wife's 2023 X5M50i when I traded it last month. Does anyone want to comfort me?
If anyone needs a shoulder to cry on, I’m here… kinda.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S

The grievance junky portion I was talking about related to the fact that OP got a quote then ran to the forum to bitch about this specific situation which, as you've already admitted, is not exactly unfair.

I certainly am not giving the dealership a pity party. There's a lot of examples of how shitty they are - this just isn't one of them.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
You guys are funny. Validating many preconceived notions of “used car salesmen”.

Sounds like you’re more of an idiot than I am. Strictly speaking, numbers don’t lie!

OP
OP
Navy619

Navy619

First Name
Jonni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 R, 2013 rav4, 240sx
Guys we're all supposed to be on the same side.. It's these greedy dealers that's making it harder for consumers like us to buy without any regrets... Matter fact I gotta take the car in because the rear hatch seal is leaking in water.. Hopefully honda doesn't say we need to replace the rear glass panel 🥲

OP
OP
Navy619

Navy619

First Name
Jonni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 R, 2013 rav4, 240sx
It's
If you're so against greedy dealers then why are you getting them to fix your car? Send it back to the factory if you find their business model so offensive.
All the dealers around me are charging a markup and it's under honda warranty. I can get it serviced at any honda dealer. Why would I take it to a 3rd party? Buying a new honda was a hassle. it's the dealers that charge what they want. Not all dealers are the same. What does that have to do with service and sales dept?

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
so let me get this straight - are they supposed to pay you the same or less than what they will sell it for?
Yeah, dealers are lining up to do that.

Higgs Boson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Sounds like you’re more of an idiot than I am. Strictly speaking, numbers don’t lie!
the point is, neither of us are "idiots" just that one of us understands that vehicles are worth less after you buy them, drive them, and sell them back to a place that needs to make a profit so 100 people can feed their families. When I bought the X5 I knew what I was getting into and accepted it so that she could enjoy it. As a matter of fact, she did it three times in the last 5 years. :p
Sponsored