• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Did I get robbed paying 5k$ over msrp considering I live in Hawaii ( Honolulu )?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Hi I'm new here, and my first time buying a car and fell in love with a type r, so I recently bought a 2024 Type R CW that's sadly still "In Transit" according to my dealer, let me hear your opinion on this, any kind will do.
I'm not sure if there are many forum users located in Hawaii, but you guys have your own unique market conditions for just about everything, so I wouldn't sweat what folks over here ar paying--at a $5,000 markup, you're paying ~12% over MSRP, but that's just one purchase. I suspect you pay more than $5,000 in markup every year on general household goods/shipping just because you're in Hawaii.

At least the Type R will be a lot of fun!
Sponsored

OP
OP

CantWait

First Name
Andry Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
I'm not sure if there are many forum users located in Hawaii, but you guys have your own unique market conditions for just about everything, so I wouldn't sweat what folks over here ar paying--at a $5,000 markup, you're paying ~12% over MSRP, but that's just one purchase. I suspect you pay more than $5,000 in markup every year on general household goods/shipping just because you're in Hawaii.

At least the Type R will be a lot of fun!
That's true, all I need to do is just wait .

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
All the cars have like 300 miles :what:

They probably had to drive it there.

OP
OP

CantWait

First Name
Andry Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
All the cars have like 300 miles :what:

They probably had to drive it there.
it has 300 miles because thats the minimum or lowest u can put in the marketplace under “Miles”

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
Everyone wants to buy at msrp or under and I am sure there are some that have. Considering you were out the door 5k over msrp, that isn't bad at all. Lots of dealers in our area were pushing 20k over msrp. It took me 8 months to find one and a dealer that worked with me on out the door pricing. Congrats on your new vehicle :love: enjoy it.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Not the worst deal in the world at all for being in Hawaii.
Hopefully it comes soon.
You will love it. These are cars you keep for the long run.

OP
OP

CantWait

First Name
Andry Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Not the worst deal in the world at all for being in Hawaii.
Hopefully it comes soon.
You will love it. These are cars you keep for the long run.
Yah men im super excited i already bought me some parts those parts are prolly gonna come first that the car itself hopefully not.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430

us17094

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord 2.0T 6 speed
I think this is a fine deal - especially for Hawaii. As you mentioned, not many dealers so supply will be particularly constrained. I also echo other members - once you get behind the wheel you won't give a s**t what you paid. It will be worth every penny.
Sponsored