• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Did I get robbed paying 5k$ over msrp considering I live in Hawaii ( Honolulu )?

CantWait

First Name
Andry Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Hi I'm new here, and my first time buying a car and fell in love with a type r, so I recently bought a 2024 Type R CW that's sadly still "In Transit" according to my dealer, let me hear your opinion on this, any kind will do.
Sponsored

OP
OP

CantWait

First Name
Andry Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
$5K isnt terrible, but its also not great. At least its not the $10-$20K others have paid.
i know and its crazy but i heard a lot of people also getting them for msrp which was nice. Im just hoping insurance would not be so high cuz it my first time owning a car.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
You likely didn't get robbed at $5K over. What have buyers in HI been able to do on pricing? Even if you purchased from the mainland at MSRP, after shipping there wouldn't be much of a net gain for it to be worth it.

OP
OP

CantWait

First Name
Andry Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
You likely didn't get robbed at $5K over. What have buyers in HI been able to do on pricing? Even if you purchased from the mainland at MSRP, after shipping there wouldn't be much of a net gain for it to be worth it.
I've only went to one dealer because mostly fl5 are on FB marketplace and we only have 3 honda dealers in Honolulu. and idk if those price are with fees or just the mark up it self.

11th Gen Honda Civic Did I get robbed paying 5k$ over msrp considering I live in Hawaii ( Honolulu )? 1711282921756-u9

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
You probably did just fine. I wouldn't worry about it. Now it's time to create the roadmap for how you want to build the car. You can collect parts while you wait!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP

CantWait

First Name
Andry Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
You probably did just fine. I wouldn't worry about. Now it's time to create the roadmap for how you want to build the car. You can collect parts while you wait!:thumbsup:
lol thats what i basically did, i already ordered me some goodies. hopefully my dealer is not lying to me when he said it will come within a month.

Bbfl5

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5 type r
Better hope the dealership doesn't decide to add more markup over the 5k once the car is actually on the lot.....

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Better hope the dealership doesn't decide to add more markup over the 5k once the car is actually on the lot.....
Why would this happen if the deal is signed and completed?

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
It a good deal if you feel it a good deal. Your area sucks though considering you have very limited options. Just enjoy the where you are at and your car.
Sponsored