• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is the carbon pack worth 5k?

Would you?

• Total voters
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C, FL5
hi all,
Got a call yesterday early from my dealer. It seems they have 10 units available for the local market, 4 in RR and 6 in CW. However, these all come with the euro option of the carbon pack for a nice 4.3 k + taxes and 800 extra for the metallic paint in white. I am determined to go SGP and they know so they told me to think about it. We were discussing the overprice for the carbon pack and the likelihood of being able to order the color anytime soon. I love the carbon pack, but I honestly think 5K is a lot of petrol on the track, tires and possibly front PPF. What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Sponsored

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
What is included in this carbon pack?

The only carbon thing I could think of is the wing

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
What is included in this carbon pack?

The only carbon thing I could think of is the wing
That's probably all it is lol

OP
OP
geekatthewheel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C, FL5
The pack includes centre console trim, doors trim and the wing. Even the the salesperson was saying the overprice is excessive.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
You can just buy those pieces individually and get them added later if you want it that bad.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
this is prob too late since you likely would have had to make up your mind today already, but i had 3 questions...
1) What are the chances that your dealer will get a SGP?
2) How important is the SGP color when you look at your car vs. just the carbon wing?
3) What is the chance that when the SGP comes in, that it will have all the extras installed as well?

If there's still a good chance for a SGP and that color is important to you, then that should override any quick decisions... as you will have to live with your choice. Nothing worse than a feeling of regret every time you see the color you really wanted.

Conversely, if the color isn't important enough that you would have regrets, then focus on what you feel about the markup.

OP
OP
geekatthewheel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C, FL5
hi! thanks for the comments and I have to say great questions.

1 - They are reassuring me it will come but they dont have any 100% guarantee.
2 - The color is important, I like CW but I am coming out of a white car and wanted to change. I love the wing, but that money accounts for many track days in the likes of Portimao or Jerez.
3 - My dealer literally said, high chance we will be able to get SGP BUT it will also come with this euro option, which means yes you would get the color but be ready to still pay the extra 5k as it might come with the carbon pack as well.

The white cars are already reserved, I am waiting for the next batch but you made a great point about living with the color you buy. Would anyone consider wrapping this car or is it not premium enough? I imagine that would lower its residual value as well, assuming you care about that!
Sponsored