• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Don’t Pay Markups

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
99% of cars have had subframe sorted now, and many have had rod bearings. These things definitely need doing. Bit lost on the quality point though - interior build quality is high unless you pick up a battered one. I don't know anyone that's had bits fall off 🤷‍♂️
build quality of e46 interior was pretty awful, all those painted silver interior parts would wear out, a lot of interior parts were glued on and they all fell off after a few years in the heat. I think they're cool cars but are money pits.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Each to their own but disagree - there is a thriving community and mine has increased 50% in value the past 2 years. That pays for any maintenance and then some. They're generally regarded ded as peak 'M' car. It's all about finding that rare good one - they are still out there 👍

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
I've gone the complete opposite of performance for my fun car and honestly, it's the best car purchase I've ever made. So much fun to drive and way more useful than I ever thought it would be.

Actyyyy.jpg

Ridez.jpg
When I lived in Korea, they drove similar little trucks around - called them Bongo trucks.
They are actually pretty cool lol

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Many people will pay mark up. They dont care they are getting raped. They would rather feel special for a brief while cause they have the new shiny thing.
Or they just have the money and the markup isn't that much in relation to their disposable incoming? LoL... not everyone is a broke ass.

If the markup is only 3-5% of their annual income, can you blame them? Not everyone is in the same financial situation.....

I'd be more critical of those paying $40K for a car, when the monthly expense represents 50-60% of their disposable income ROFL. Math makes more sense the other way around in your example. Herp Derp.

Last edited:

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Or they just have the money and the markup isn't that much in relation to their disposable incoming? LoL... not everyone is a broke ass.

If the markup is only 3-5% of their annual income, can you blame them? Not everyone is in the same financial situation.....

I can afford it, just not willing to do it. The problem is you add 5-15K on top of the 40K plus the new MSRP will be and your now in a whole different class of car.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I can afford it, just not willing to do it. The problem is you add 5-15K on top of the 40K plus the new MSRP will be and your now in a whole different class of car.
And if the buyer doesn't care, and treats this purchase as a life experience for shits and giggles (rich persons toy). Who the fuck cares?

I know people who owned R8's, Nismo GTRs who paid $10K over MSRP for a FK8 when it came out just to toy with it for 6 months and got rid of it.

Who is anyone to say they made a stupid decision when the monetary impact to them is meaningless? Vs. some broke-ass kid spending 50% of their net monthly income on a new Iphone....

Cost and $$ is relative to the individual, its not 1 size fits all...... Use case, purpose and scope of the purchase is what matters to the individual who can afford the crazy markups. Just look at the Z06 markups + $90K currently, and people are paying it.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
And if the buyer doesn't care, and treats this purchase as a life experience for shits and giggles (rich persons toy). Who the fuck cares?

I know people who owned R8's, Nismo GTRs who paid $10K over MSRP for a FK8 when it came out just to toy with it for 6 months and got rid of it.

Who is anyone to say they made a stupid decision when the monetary impact to them is meaningless? Similiar to some broke ass kid spending 50% of their net monthly income on a new Iphone....

That is why I stated " I can afford it, just not willing to". Not sure about other people but I am not spending 50K+ on a Civic. At that price I can be in a different league of a car.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
That is why I stated " I can afford it, just not willing to". Not sure about other people but I am not spending 50K+ on a Civic. At that price I can be in a different league of a car.
Not everyone cares about the price value of the vehicle in relation to other vehicles. If someone already has a Lambo, this is just a want, like I said life experience.

Affording something, and not caring about the price because you want to experience it are 2 massively different things.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
You won't be in a whole new class of car because those vehicles are being marked up 5-15k as well!

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
The whole mark up deal is starting to slow as new car sales are slowing down just like everything else.
This is just not true at the moment. People who are financially responsible and essentially "well off" will still be "well off" if we enter a full blown recession. The lower class and lower middle class are the ones that suffer., and they've been priced out of "nice" new cars for quite sometime already. I'm in Texas, there are enough 20 somethings with 100k+ tech jobs that prices and demand don't cave to "recessions."
Sponsored