• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Drop in K&N filter available for FL5

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
@twostepperformance That sounds great!!! Got anymore sound clips of the resonated Miltek exhaust? Does this setup produce any drone at all? I might replicate this exact setup if drone is not present!
Great question. The answer is no! In my opinion this is a huge benefit of maintaining a valved exhaust. I've just uploaded a couple of more clips for you:

If you'd like to review the full mod list, it is available here: https://www.twostepperformance.com/pages/tsp-fl5
Sponsored

jayely14

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992 GT3, Model Y
So is a full aftermarket intake even worth buying? Or is a good filter equivalent?? Also, is spoon really worth that price over PRL or any other filter <$80??

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
is spoon really worth that price over PRL or any other filter <$80??
Sprint Filters made the exact same one for Spoon. You can buy one from Madness Autoworks (Sprint Filters USA Dealer) without the Spoon premium.
https://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=300014922

Unlike K&N and PRL, the Sprint Filter is dry-flow. That means you clean it with an air nozzle spraying from the side facing towards the engine to push dirt out of the filter. No downtime needed to oil the filter and wait for it to dry.

If you want to save some money, K&N and PRL will do the same job. Some claim intake noise is not as loud from the inside of the car as Sprint Filters.

jayely14

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992 GT3, Model Y
I did the K&N, thought it was going to be much louder over stock based off this thread.. Maybe 10% louder is all IMO.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
I just ordered my K&N, not a bad 50 dollar upgrade. Be careful which one you order if you go K&N, you need to get the size that fits a 2010-2013 Acura MDX....don't go with whatever the recommendation is from autozone or whatever for size fitment

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I did the K&N, thought it was going to be much louder over stock based off this thread.. Maybe 10% louder is all IMO.
That 10% increase in sound is a feature of the K&N Filter. I have the Spoon Air Cleaner and the induction noise is very noticeable even at part throttle. At WOT I would characterize it as loud and sounds similar to an open element air filter.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Installed my K&N filter today and noticed a significant increase in sound and initial throttle response. Worth the $60 easy.

Fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R (Championship White)
I’ve been thinking about getting a Sprint P08 after reading about their material and weave (I still want engine protection but who doesn’t love a little more sound and throttle response). Nonetheless, did anyone dyno any gains from these filters (K&N included)?

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Initially I bought a K&N but returned it after a good friend who works on fleet vehicles all day warned me it probably wasn't a good idea. On a turbocharged vehicle the air filter is the only thing preventing dirt/sand from blasting the compressor wheel.

If Honda could have improved both power and fuel economy from a simple filter swap don't you think they would have? There are tradeoffs here that nobody is mentioning. Just something to keep in mind and decide if it's worth it to you.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I’ve been thinking about getting a Sprint P08 after reading about their material and weave (I still want engine protection but who doesn’t love a little more sound and throttle response). Nonetheless, did anyone dyno any gains from these filters (K&N included)?
Doubtful a third party has performed the air filter dyno testing you're referring to. I'm certain there are gains but not material enough to feel it on the butt dyno. FWIW, I could not "feel" an increase in power when going from OEM filter to Spoon Air Cleaner.
Sponsored