• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 (BS?) Autocross Thread

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
I gave up on the class legal offsets, did not like how the car looked. 😂
Oh I totally get that. I think one area of big improvement on the FL5 over FK8 was how the stock stance is on the high offset wheels. FL5 at least don't look nearly as tucked as FK8 was. But I ran the car entirely in the +/-7mm zone so it always looked like that and I'll do the same here. But won't look as goofy at least...

Also a reason why no aftermarket company normally makes wheels in those offset because people want more stanced out look...

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Oh I totally get that. I think one area of big improvement on the FL5 over FK8 was how the stock stance is on the high offset wheels. FL5 at least don't look nearly as tucked as FK8 was. But I ran the car entirely in the +/-7mm zone so it always looked like that and I'll do the same here. But won't look as goofy at least...

Also a reason why no aftermarket company normally makes wheels in those offset because people want more stanced out look...
I agree, I went with a + 45 just for a bit of flush fitment.

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 (BS?) Autocross Thread IMG_2976

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
The offset restraints are due to SCCA class rules legality. Not aesthetics :rolleyes:
I know that dude, I personally did not care for the class offset so decided to go my own way. If I want to compete in BS I can slap the stock wheels back on.

198 SMF

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 SMF Civic and 2024 FL5 Type R
Hi guys, just joined the forum. Is there any way to eliminate the throttle shut down when left foot braking? I've searched the internet for solutions, tried the pedal dance, turning off traction control and disabling VSC as well as each of the modes without any luck. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Car00071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Hi guys, just joined the forum. Is there any way to eliminate the throttle shut down when left foot braking? I've searched the internet for solutions, tried the pedal dance, turning off traction control and disabling VSC as well as each of the modes without any luck. Thanks in advance for any replies!
I believe the only way is you have to brake first and then get on the throttle after.

198 SMF

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe the only way is you have to brake first and then get on the throttle after.
If so, that is disappointing to say the least. I can live with not left foot braking on the track, but, definitely not for autocross since I've been LFBing for 20 years lol. I'll never understand why Honda would put this feature on the Type R without a way to turn it off. If I recall, even the G-Street Civic Si has the ability to turn off the throttle cut. :-(

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
In the FK8 it seems to eliminate that in pedal dance mode. But while I also LFB I don't actually overlap my inputs so it hasn't been an issue for me in the past.

DustyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Anyone running 5mm or 7mm spacers while we wait for class legal wheels? or would they require longer studs?

198 SMF

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone running 5mm or 7mm spacers while we wait for class legal wheels? or would they require longer studs?
I havent tested that out on my FL5 so I cant say for sure. I think most are running 18x9 +58 or +53. My plan was to run a 5mm spacer up front only and keeping the +58 in the rear.

If you do need longer studs, I have had a change of plans and no longer running BS. I have 10 of the ARP, brand new unopened, that I am getting ready to sell for $100 shipped.

I also have (4) 275/35/18 Nankang CRS V2 for the front and (2) CRS V2 245/40/18 that I was planning to run on the rear. I've had great success with a staggered setup with a slightly wider front track so that was going to be my initial setup. I'm getting ready to list those as well here on Civicx. I already have them listed on Facebook.

198 SMF

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I havent tested that out on my FL5 so I cant say for sure. I think most are running 18x9 +58 or +53. My plan was to run a 5mm spacer up front only and keeping the +58 in the rear.

If you do need longer studs, I have had a change of plans and no longer running BS. I have 10 of the ARP, brand new unopened, that I am getting ready to sell for $100 shipped.

I also have (4) 275/35/18 Nankang CRS V2 for the front and (2) CRS V2 245/40/18 that I was planning to run on the rear. I've had great success with a staggered setup with a slightly wider front track so that was going to be my initial setup. I'm getting ready to list those as well here on Civicx. I already have them listed on Facebook.
I forgot to mention, on the APEX 18X9 +58MM, those definitely require longer studs if a 5mm spacer is used. I don't believe spacers are necessary in the rear but have not confirmed that personally.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
FYI its 9.5" width you need, not 9... stock wheels are 19x9.5 ET60.

Are those the ARP stud PN that you need for this car? I had so much trouble with the stock Honda studs on my FK8 I stopped using impact on my wheels because I think I've broken 7-8 wheels studs in the first year I had that car.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Just a FYI, Apex sells BS legal wheels and is having a huge sale right now.

198 SMF

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI its 9.5" width you need, not 9... stock wheels are 19x9.5 ET60.

Are those the ARP stud PN that you need for this car? I had so much trouble with the stock Honda studs on my FK8 I stopped using impact on my wheels because I think I've broken 7-8 wheels studs in the first year I had that car.
Oops, yes 9.5 width. Yes those ARP are made spexifixally for the 2017+ Type R. I've also heard from a friend that he broke several studs. Nothing worse than breaking a stud at an event without having a back up. 😪
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 (BS?) Autocross Thread 20240404_000354
Sponsored