• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 CTR Pre booking check in and dealer price discussion

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
I didn't finish this sentence lol, I wonder if they're going to force add-ons to push the price up
Depends on your dealer probably

I wouldn't be surprised if some dealers force buyers to select all of the options, plus extended warranty, plus a bunch of rip-off 3rd party services like paint protection and undercoating. If you don't agree to buy it... they just bring in the next guy on the list.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
All of these are before destination, taxes or any other fees

2017 - $40,890
2018 - $41,090
2019 - $41,690
2020 - $43,690
2021 - $46,200
2022 - N/A
2023 - ???

I'm really hoping for 48k-50k but with inflation and even more limited production it may end up being over 50k.
Nice list. The 2020s were such a great value if you could live with the looks. Took me 4 years to even consider it, but I'm glad I waited for the FL5.

OP
OP
Stick_shifter96

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
There might be a slight chance that we could get that option, going by the discussions on this forum, but it might be pointless as dealers would be allocated a certain number and all of them already have a waitlist... 😩

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
There might be a slight chance that we could get that option, going by the discussions on this forum, but it might be pointless as dealers would be allocated a certain number and all of them already have a waitlist... 😩
Lets hope that Honda will take the path of Ford and limit the number of units allocated to dealers and open allocations via website. This will be amazing as we could ensure to get the cars at MRSP deliver to dealers.

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
Is there any chance Honda Canada will let us place orders through their site?
No...i work for Honda and it's in person with the salesman because of each dealers allocation (3 to 8 total for 3 years)

i also saw that you are 16th on the waitlist!!...boy i don't thnk you will be getting one ,Biggest dealers in Canada are getting 8 for the total 3 years,im a big dealers in Quebec and we are only getting 6 for the 3 year period

There is 237 honda dealers in Canada and they will be less than 200 units per year (not all dealers will get them) so make your calculation

Good luck

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
I wonder if dealers that are fully aware of the limit # of cars per year are taking more orders will return the money WITH interest.

I mean...if you know about the numbers why are dealers not stoping taking orders?

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
I wonder if dealers that are fully aware of the limit # of cars per year are taking more orders will return the money WITH interest.

I mean...if you know about the numbers why are dealers not stoping taking orders?
They should all know....and shouldn't take anymore orders....like where i work it's a maximum of 6 (2 for 2023,2 for 2024 and 2 for 2025)..all 6 are reserve with a deposit....we can take 1 or 2 more in case someone cancels and we will inform the client that it would'nt be before a good 2 years!

i feel bad for the people being on a waitlist when some dealers will never get one or a limited to 2 or 3

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I would doubt they really know much at all, judging by the fact that there's some dealerships with 20+ pre-orders in the Scarborough Ontario alone.

I'm on the list a few dealerships but both have mentioned Honda is planning allocations on the website. We'll see what happens.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I think it'll get messy if we see a dealer-based lottery system, if a dealer starts entering the information they have and the same customer is entered multiple times with different family member names at the same address or whatever

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
I thought Canada had laws against dealer markups?
I thought so too. Right from my dealership owner Neibour until Covid hit. Some of my local dealers put the markup right on the window sticker now.
Sponsored