• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 front axle options?

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I was an idiot and over-did my driver's side axle when installing some spring and tore the inner CV boot. I think the best option is just to replace the entire axle assembly. Does anyone know if the FK8 Type R axles will work on the FL5 or if there is a FL5 part number? Thanks!
Sponsored

Sooner1

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR BB, 2015 Audi A3, 2023 CRV Touring Hybrid
I have no idea but I believe the front track is 25mm (1") wider in the FL5 vs the FK8 so there is a pretty good chance they are different.

OP
OP
Willworkforsushi
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I have no idea but I believe the front track is 25mm (1") wider in the FL5 vs the FK8 so there is a pretty good chance they are different.
Interesting. This is a good point-can anyone confirm?

The part number for the FK8 CTR is 44306-TGH-A01 . I'll pull the front wheel off the '23 and see if there is a part number on the shaft.

Last edited:

nttran98

First Name
Nhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Interesting. This is a good point-can anyone confirm?

The part number for the FK8 CTR is 44306-TGH-A01 . I'll pull the front wheel off the '23 and see if there is a part number on the shaft.
Check with honda dreamshop

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
I would not replace the whole axle just because you tore the boot. Get a new boot and some grease, you may need a tool to tighten the band.

Starchland

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Agree. Seems obvious but maybe not everyone knows cars...reboot

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Something similar happened to me once and, thankfully, there is not much dirt accumulated. OP will be fine with either an OE or universal boot kit.

You only replace the CV Axle from a torn boot when you have no clue when did it happen or you physically see lots of dirt accumulated.

OP
OP
Willworkforsushi
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I ended up finding an OEM axle housing from a totaled (sad) FL5 CTR. I wasn't 100% sure I could find a boot kit yet that was specific and didn't want to go through the revolving door of guessing on boot kits. It only cost me $200 for the whole housing. Once I can be 100% on a boot kit, I'll but one, re-do my original axle housing and sell it.

BTW-the FL5 Type R axle IS in fact longer and different from the FK8.
Sponsored