• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CBP CTR, '17 SGP SPORT TOURING 6MT(SOLD)
I heard the number 20% softer than the FL5 suspension in one of the video reviews.
I compared all the suspension part numbers between the DE5 and FL5 and other than the ADS units being different the front and rear springs are also different part numbers. Everything else is identical, shocks, sway bars, knuckle, control arms, and hardware except a few minor parts in the rear (1 of the 2 acceleration sensors, rear spring mount, rear shock mount and shock mount cap)
Sponsored

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
I compared all the suspension part numbers between the DE5 and FL5 and other than the ADS units being different the front and rear springs are also different part numbers. Everything else is identical, shocks, sway bars, knuckle, control arms, and hardware except a few minor parts in the rear (1 of the 2 acceleration sensors, rear spring mount, rear shock mount and shock mount cap)
Great to hear!

Meanwhile @savagegeese, are you able to release lap times now?

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Amazing! Thanks for this!

Someone else asked this too already but I didn't see an answer I think, how do those tires compare?
They are very close. In some ways Bridgestones are more consistent at a slight penalty in noise. Id use them on my own car.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
ITS 1.38.32 (OEM Tires) Me
CTR 1.38.27 Potenza Sport Britt Casey
Not only are you a Billionaire but you can match a race car driver.

Will you be participating in a cage match against Elon or Zuckerberg?

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are very close. In some ways Bridgestones are more consistent at a slight penalty in noise. Id use them on my own car.
Amazing. Thank you! Sounds like I'll be having a lot of fun in a couple weeks. ITS seems like the more daily driver with slightly worse handling than CTR, but makes up for it with more power and everyday creature comforts. I like it!

I am a bit curious about cooling on ITS still. The intercooler opening looks to be less like a funnel like on CTR. There was someone else doing Dyno against CTR and ITS kept losing power with more runs. Hopefully not an issue.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Amazing. Thank you! Sounds like I'll be having a lot of fun in a couple weeks. ITS seems like the more daily driver with slightly worse handling than CTR, but makes up for it with more power and everyday creature comforts. I like it!

I am a bit curious about cooling on ITS still. The intercooler opening looks to be less like a funnel like on CTR. There was someone else doing Dyno against CTR and ITS kept losing power with more runs. Hopefully not an issue.
If I am not mistaken if thats the same dyno, it was at nearly 100F?

The FL5 on track is widely known for pulling timing with heat as well. Personally, I don't care. Both are fun cars not racing/comp cars. If I do a track session, the tires are falling off before cooling/timing is getting affected. Its about expectation. With the ITS, pulling strut pins getting more negative front camber and stickier tires will 100% make car faster than CTR but I mean, really we are talking a fraction of a second. Its basically meaningless. Both cars are fun and thats how I view it.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I am not mistaken if thats the same dyno, it was at nearly 100F?

The FL5 on track is widely known for pulling timing with heat as well. Personally, I don't care. Both are fun cars not racing/comp cars. If I do a track session, the tires are falling off before cooling/timing is getting affected. Its about expectation. With the ITS, pulling strut pins getting more negative front camber and stickier tires will 100% make car faster than CTR but I mean, really we are talking a fraction of a second. Its basically meaningless. Both cars are fun and thats how I view it.
Makes sense. What I was thinking too. Either will be very fun to drive! Thanks!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
@savagegeese YouTube reviewers and random people alike are weighing in that the shifter feel is different from the CTR. I think that's nonsense. Can you validate?

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is interesting info. What's the best way to get a list of all parts for both cars? I'm curious what else is different, like engine mounts

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The seats are different. Did anyone mention this yet?🤣

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads