• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

boneR

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Champ White FL5
Hey guys, i spent my lunch break writing this out, so read it... :bat:

Let's get real...

1) It's always interesting to hear driving experiences and what motivates other people's purchases. There are millions of people out there buying $ 100k trucks or who could easily afford this car, but they don't buy. There are people who could have bought a porsche, but they opt for a BMW or Audi... to each his own, and many find it fascinating to hear from people's driving experiences with other performance cars.

Most importantly... THIS IS AN ITS THREAD, and there are people on this forum (probably a number of lurkers) who have yet to be able to access a reasonable price on an FL5, and are having to make one of those hard decisions as to what else to buy. Also, for people like me, the S was an option for us to replace our other car. This can be valuable info for them..

2) Some of us who bought the FL5 came from other kinds of vehicles. The only Honda i have ever owned was a CRV. I used to own a Camero, 2 mustangs, 2 Zs, but never even test-drove a honda performance car. Therefore, when i was ready to buy a new performance car, i was open to anything in my budget that had a stick...but i needed info. And, we now know from Savagegeese that the S engine generally does outperform the FL5. I have read so many reviews that point out how there isn't any one key advancement about the FL5... that it's the COMBINATION of improvements and tweaks that all together make the FL5 such an amazing car!

The 2 main reasons the reviewers seem to be gushing over the CTR is because Honda did something that isn't common with manufacturers... they LISTENED to their buyers and the reviewers re the FK8 and made the FL5 into so many people's dream car... plus... the FL5 is an engineering feat that has evolved a classic FWD car into a legend! But, that doesn't mean it's the car for everyone... especially if you feel you may never get your hands on one.

3) Re seats... everyone's body is different. There was an early post on this forum about someone who had bought and owned an FL5, but the seats were not comfortable for him, and he was thinking of trading it for another car (not sure the outcome, but he actually owned the FL5 and that was his experience). Not surprised. I've sat in "executive chairs" that were pitched as the epitome of comfort, but they were Not comfortable for ME (i am short, so my back and legs probably hit in the wrong places). So, again... it's very possible the S seats feel better to him as a daily. Personally, i am now spoiled by the CTR seats and agree with most people that they are the best!

4) Re the wing... some of us have already commented on here that we preferred a more subtle color for the FL5 that doesn't 'shout' look-at-me due to concerns about security or even negative reactions. I love this wing (in particular)! But, i hope everyone's aware that there's the one guy who had a wrench thrown at his FL5 from some jealous asshat. We would all love to 'show off' our ride, but there are surely times where it's best not to do so. In fact, if i go on a trip, i would be dying to drive the FL5 -- that's what it's made for -- DRIVING! However, due to concerns about standing out and being a target, i may just take the subaru. so, no matter what YOU would do...it's another valid point.

5) One of the main complaints about the FL5 -- even by professional racers -- is that the suspension is too stiff and they get bounced around too much. Well... like so many of you, i personally prefer to feel the road. But, that is a factor, which sends many people to a Mercedes when they buy a performance car. I always have thought people who buy a sports car but then want it to be isolated from the road are wimps and/or not really interested in a performance car. but i now know people who actually race cars but prefer a softer suspension for their daily drives. To Each His Own...

6) Honda was apparently trying to appeal to the very things Bambzolbment has brought up -- all of his issues were specifically what Honda wanted to offer in the S over the CTR. So, his posts tell us that Honda succeeded! Feel good for Honda... and for those who either cannot get a CTR or may want what the S has that is different from the CTR.

7) Yes, Bambzolbment said he thought the sound of the exhaust was fun (how many posts have i seen here about the importance of exhaust sound?), and he DID say the performance of the engine was a factor. Don't misquote him, since that is Honda's whole point of the S -- to put performance (AND A STICK) in the hands of a more upscale daily driver. In a world where that is almost unheard of any more, it should be acknowledged.

8) I noticed that Bambzolbment has ticked nearly every box of what the combined negs of all reviews and complaints have been about the CTR. That is a bit too precise and convenient, so i suspect he does have an agenda -- even if it's to point out how what everyone's been saying about the differences are true. Maybe he needs to be reassured that he is ok in an S... and i am now telling him here that HE IS ok -- i surely considered it. I considered it since its inspiration and design is built off of the FL5. You got a great car -- Enjoy it. Honda thanks you for spreading the word.

Whatever... y'all could have let him do his post and either ignored or just left an emoji since he didn't say anything that was patently false about either car... it would have been a non-issue.
I suspect y'all took the bait because controversy is entertaining. :catfight: But, if you are going to debate him... please don't diss the points that have already been shown to be valid. Again, there are people on here who don't own an FL5 and want to know the honest issues (especially since no one can actually test-drive a CTR grrrr!).

Hey - Look... I can settle it. :bat:

I am very happy that people share their experiences with other cars for comparison and information. Yet, there is only one thing to be said about any contender -- which is fact and no one can argue. No matter what someone's personal opinion about another car, there is one phrase that sums it up...

IT'S NOT AN FL5!!
(deal with it)

😎
They are both great cars and are on an identical powertrain. I bought the R but was well aware the ITS was coming. I made my decision on getting the R because I don't need it as a daily forever and want a car that I can tune and take to the track when the daily phase comes to an end. That was why I didn't get the ITS. It is more of a daily car that will likely lose value at a faster rate than the R. I think for the buyer that is more exclusive to a daily and wants a car that they will drive it and then move on to something else then its a better choice. I have been a long time lurker but just became legit today. I appreciated Savagegeese and his hard work and his presence on this forum. It is nice to have that feedback from an owner himself and it is a benefit to all of us for the comparison.
Sponsored

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I suspect people are annoyed because the trolling is incessant. Make a few points about why you prefer ITS over CTR - sure, that's fine. But keep repeating the same things over and over, all while constantly making subtle digs at the CTR, and people will get annoyed. At this point his schtick is completely played out and is just clogging up the forums.

And the cherry on top is that this is all being done ON A CTR FORUM. If you want to circlejerk with your fellow ITS bros, then that's fine - go do it on the Integra forums, as plenty of other people have already pointed out. Going to a different car's forum and repeatedly bashing it is clear troll behavior, which is what people are calling out. And no, nobody is buying his weak-ass excuse of "but I still plan to get a CTR someday, so it's fine."

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
They are both great cars and are on an identical powertrain. I bought the R but was well aware the ITS was coming. I made my decision on getting the R because I don't need it as a daily forever and want a car that I can tune and take to the track when the daily phase comes to an end. That was why I didn't get the ITS. It is more of a daily car that will likely lose value at a faster rate than the R. I think for the buyer that is more exclusive to a daily and wants a car that they will drive it and then move on to something else then its a better choice. I have been a long time lurker but just became legit today. I appreciated Savagegeese and his hard work and his presence on this forum. It is nice to have that feedback from an owner himself and it is a benefit to all of us for the comparison.

Welcome to the Jungle :beer:

Now that you're here... hope you will share some of your tuning, tracking and other experiences.

Last edited:

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
I suspect people are annoyed because the trolling is incessant. Make a few points about why you prefer ITS over CTR - sure, that's fine. But keep repeating the same things over and over, all while constantly making subtle digs at the CTR, and people will get annoyed. At this point his schtick is completely played out and is just clogging up the forums.

And the cherry on top is that this is all being done ON A CTR FORUM. If you want to circlejerk with your fellow ITS bros, then that's fine - go do it on the Integra forums, as plenty of other people have already pointed out. Going to a different car's forum and repeatedly bashing it is clear troll behavior, which is what people are calling out. And no, nobody is buying his weak-ass excuse of "but I still plan to get a CTR someday, so it's fine."

2 easy solutions...

1) Block the poster
2) Don't feed the trolls repeat posters
:umbrella:
My biggest issue was all the info being posted that was intended to negate his points was not valid. If you insist on engaging, then do it with facts.

Yes, this forum is for CTR people, and if someone gets too far out of line, then that's what mods are for. Let them know.

Last edited:

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
2 easy solutions...

1) Block the poster
My biggest issue was all the info being posted that was intended to negate his points was not valid. If you insist on engaging, then do it with facts.

Yes, this forum is for CTR people, and if someone gets too far out of line, then that's what mods are for. Let them know.
Yeah im leaving this thread. This is specifically an ITS thread comparison so I posted my thoughts. Now some incredibly eloquent people are saying i eat “rice krispies” and they eat “rice”. 😂

Not responding further.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
2 easy solutions...

1) Block the poster

Thanks for being objective and focusing on the merits of the discussion. For others Clearly can’t have a civil discussion when people are hurt defending their market values offended by an almost identical car ✌

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Moving on, can we all appreciate this great username??

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Random Observation: Acura recommends 93 octane for the Integra, while Honda only requires 91 octane for the FK8/FL5. This could be related to the tune I'd suspect.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Random Observation: Acura recommends 93 octane for the Integra, while Honda only requires 91 octane for the FK8/FL5. This could be related to the tune I'd suspect.
Honda recommends 91 for the US FL5.

Yes that is your advertised difference.