• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Forged wheel option weight savings

halfmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche 718 Spyder Riviera Blue
Saw this forged wheel option on the configurator. The wheel looks great. Wondering if anybody can confirm the weight saving as it says 5.29 pounds lighter than OEM wheel? I assume this is the weight savings in total for all 4 wheels but can anyone confirm if this is for all four wheels or per wheel? If this is total, that's a lot of money for forged wheels but if this is per wheel, that's not bad.

On a side note, it looks like this wheel option is from the factory as it's not listed under the accessory section. Can anybody confirm?

11th Gen Honda Civic Forged wheel option weight savings image
Sponsored

Last edited:

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
It’s per wheel. How much $?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its 6.2k in Canada ffs
Take a trip down south with your FL5 and buy (ordered ahead of time) them from any Honda dealer and pocket the difference. CTR hatch can fit four full-size wheels with tires + some luggage.

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
These were a forged option at the launch of the FK8 in Australia. They were 2.1kg (4.6 pounds) lighter than the stock wheels. They look great but cost $14,000 Aud (Just under $9000 usd) :rofl:
11th Gen Honda Civic Forged wheel option weight savings wheel

11th Gen Honda Civic Forged wheel option weight savings wheel2

11th Gen Honda Civic Forged wheel option weight savings wheel3

OP
OP

halfmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche 718 Spyder Riviera Blue
Here is the cheapest price online if you're thinking of purchasing. Less than $2600 before shipping.

https://www.hondafactoryparts.com/oem-parts/honda-wheel-19in-08w19t60100
I don't think that's actually a deal because I assume that won't come with tires mounted, balanced and installed. Plus, like you said you have to factor in shipping and then the additional hassle of finding a place to mount, balance and install and I'm sure that place will charge some kind of fee too. I think it would be best to try and get from factory if possible as part of OEM option.

Curious to know if any cars came with this wheel option or are all of them the basic car with dealer installed accessories like the leather shift knob and carbon fiber rear wing?

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I don't think that's actually a deal because I assume that won't come with tires mounted, balanced and installed. Plus, like you said you have to factor in shipping and then the additional hassle of finding a place to mount, balance and install and I'm sure that place will charge some kind of fee too. I think it would be best to try and get from factory if possible as part of OEM option.

Curious to know if any cars came with this wheel option or are all of them the basic car with dealer installed accessories like the leather shift knob and carbon fiber rear wing?
Yeah but if you factory order them do you lose the stock wheels? You can probably sell those for good money.