• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FX3D rock guards

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
I’m ordered some rock guards. I need more protection then just a vent cover and rally armor flaps are so over the top. More to follow in a few days once they arrive but here is the just. It’s a rock guard and a mesh screen. Too good for $100? I’ll let ya know

11th Gen Honda Civic FX3D rock guards IMG_7317

11th Gen Honda Civic FX3D rock guards IMG_7318
Sponsored

Imped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 Golf R, ND2 Miata
I also ordered some and they have shipped. These look OEM and are a perfect protection solution considering they integrate the mesh screen. I'm very excited to install these.

Sooner1

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR BB, 2015 Audi A3, 2023 CRV Touring Hybrid
3M sells a primer that greatly increases adhesion. I work with adhesives and we use it regularly. Search for "3M primer 94" on Amazon. You can get it in an application pen for 10 or 12 bucks.

KhaoS2K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, FL5R
11th Gen Honda Civic FX3D rock guards IMG_20240105_084726
That's the stuff right there, althought I believe properly cleaning the surfaces with isopropylic alchol and heating the tape, bumper and fender liner prior to installing the tape would work just fine.That 3M adhesion promoter is no joke and might ruin your paint trying to remove the double sided tape later on.

Oh and btw, i'm the designer and manufacturer of this product and work at FX3D Design. So if you guys ever want to give me some feedback after you've installed them, that would be more than welcome.

To get back to the point, we provide 3M VHB tape, not the cheap stuff. Make sur to clean and heat up both the bumper or fender liner and then let the tape sit for 24h to ensure optimal adhesion.

Also note that anyone who ordered a kit this week and the last will be receiving the V2 updated model which has a new rear design. See attached file.

Thanks for the support guys!
We've sold over 50 x FL5r kits since last september and hope we can continu spreading the word!
I'm convinced that this is one of the better design out there atm and obviously the cheapest!!

I'm going to leave you with a picture of what was sitting in the fender vent prior to starting the project 😬😅
11th Gen Honda Civic FX3D rock guards received_308094831876045

11th Gen Honda Civic FX3D rock guards IMG_20231208_165121-01

Last edited:

KhaoS2K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, FL5R
I have them and I like them. Make sure you heat the 3m tape a little so it stays.

20231211_170449.jpg

20231211_173534.jpg

20231211_173602.jpg
Would you mind sharing your pics with me? That'd be awsome.

And make sur to leave a review on the site. 😊

OP
OP
Yorkman1

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
Seems my order may be arriving today.

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Would you mind sharing your pics with me? That'd be awsome.

And make sur to leave a review on the site. 😊
Send me an email address and I'll send pics. I also tagged the company on Instagram.

Matt

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yorkman1

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
Well it has arrived. First impressions are as follows. I have had rockguards from ZL1 in the past. These FX3D guards are thicker and have more flex. This is great in my opinion as if you kick something up big enough from the tire it will allow the guard to give and flex under the impact. The texture on the rear of the flap is great, as I did not get the Carbon look. The mesh insert for the front is very minimal. The flap is heavy duty and adjustable for sure. I may be able to get these on yet today after RL first
11th Gen Honda Civic FX3D rock guards image

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yorkman1

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
Front driver flap is on. Only thing when you move the flap out to get more protection the area you have to tape can be seen through the flaps air pass. This is going to be a dirt concern where the dirt and debris stick to the tape.
11th Gen Honda Civic FX3D rock guards IMG_7342
11th Gen Honda Civic FX3D rock guards IMG_7343
11th Gen Honda Civic FX3D rock guards IMG_7344
11th Gen Honda Civic FX3D rock guards IMG_7345

KhaoS2K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, FL5R
Front driver flap is on. Only thing when you move the flap out to get more protection the area you have to tape can be seen through the flaps air pass. This is going to be a dirt concern where the dirt and debris stick to the tape.
IMG_7342.jpeg
IMG_7343.jpeg
IMG_7344.jpeg
IMG_7345.jpeg
The tape is not mendatory in the front. It just helps keeping the flap sitting flush with the fender.

The way you have installed the tape is definitely going to be an issue. You should have cut a smaller piece and put it where there is no cutout. I'll specify that in the instructions from now on. Hit me up if you want me to send you an additional piece of 3M VHB tape to rectify that.

OP
OP
Yorkman1

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
The tape is not mendatory in the front. It just helps keeping the flap sitting flush with the fender.

The way you have installed the tape is definitely going to be an issue. You should have cut a smaller piece and put it where there is no cutout. I'll specify that in the instructions from now on. Hit me up if you want me to send you an additional piece of 3M VHB tape to rectify that.
It’s all good. I can pick some up tape here. With the flex of the flap it will definitely need tape. And the more secure you make the screws the more it wants to flex away from the fender.

The other thing of note is the L and R for the debris guards. The note does a good job for orientation but to say L it’s drivers side or R is passager goes a long way since the frame of reference can be reversed. L from driver seat is different when you are facing he car with tools in hand

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
That looks pretty nice! Certainly, much better than any of the red mudflaps I often see tacked to 10th Gen Si's (why, guys, why?).

When you get a chance to drive in some sludgey wet winter weather, can you share your thoughts on how clean they help to keep the rear of the vent/front of the door region?

That area seems to be a magnet for filth with my FL5, even in seemingly clear weather.

KhaoS2K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, FL5R
It’s all good. I can pick some up tape here. With the flex of the flap it will definitely need tape. And the more secure you make the screws the more it wants to flex away from the fender.

The other thing of note is the L and R for the debris guards. The note does a good job for orientation but to say L it’s drivers side or R is passager goes a long way since the frame of reference can be reversed. L from driver seat is different when you are facing he car with tools in hand
You are 100% correct, I'll clarify that as well. Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored