• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Where are you getting rock chips?

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
Hi all,

Can you please share what areas you're getting rock chips on?

The bumper covers almost the entire front, so I wonder whether the hood gets any chips on it, for example.

I'm trying to decide what panels to apply PPF to and your input is valuable.

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

Chaplips

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR SGP
I'm in same boat..... Have an appointment at end of the month. Currently these are the areas I'm going to get protected.

Front bumper
hood
A-pillars
partial roof
mirrors
door cups
gas cover

areas still ????
headlights
skirts

I have installed rock guards and fender mesh to help with rock chips on side of vehicle.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
I got my fenders, bumpers, a-pillars, and leading part of the roof PPF'd, I chose not to do hood because I figure its aluminum and even if it chips its not gonna rust. I did bumper mainly because of cone marks from autoX(my FK8 front corners were pretty scuffed up...)

Reactions: rui

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Don't forget the B and C-pillar glossy black areas. You will get scuffs/scratches on them from careless passengers. I would also apply it maybe double up on the front "H" badge as it shatters easily from road debris. It won't prevent it from cracking, but the PPF should at least hold it together. Already on my second badge, I've given up on replacing them. Headlight assembly yes, don't want a pitted lens that obscures the beam pattern.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
The front 'H' is part of the front bumper kit.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
End of day I wish I would’ve saved my $$$ on PPf on the R. Its a 50k car and meant to be driven. If you track the car a lot I could see doing full front, rockers, lower rear doors and a piece behind the rear tires.

OP
OP
rui

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Thanks for the input everyone!

I apologize for the duplicate thread. I wanted to ask a slightly different question to folks who haven't applied PPF, but that thread actually covers it!
No need to apologize. BLUF: Any road going car will pick up rock chips on the forward facing panels (windshield included), which is why most who are interested in ppf go with the front clip at a minimum. There's no way around the rock chips. Your tolerance for cosmetic blemishes from road debris and how much you're willing to spend will guide you on how much film you'll want. You're either in the ppf camp or you're not. Like most things, different approaches for different use cases.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
PPF the Type R badge, the only thing that matters.
Funny thing about this comment, my entire car is PPF’d but not the front H badge and guess what, it has a crack from a rock in it. Seriously, no lie!

• Haha

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Hi all,

Can you please share what areas you're getting rock chips on?

The bumper covers almost the entire front, so I wonder whether the hood gets any chips on it, for example.

I'm trying to decide what panels to apply PPF to and your input is valuable.

Thank you in advance!
Full front and all A ,B, and C pillars,and black side skirts Drivers and passengers sides.

jets-do-miami

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None - shopping for fl5
I'm in same boat..... Have an appointment at end of the month. Currently these are the areas I'm going to get protected.

Front bumper
hood
A-pillars
partial roof
mirrors
door cups
gas cover

areas still ????
headlights
skirts

I have installed rock guards and fender mesh to help with rock chips on side of vehicle.
gas cover?