• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Where are you getting rock chips?

leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I did the entire front including headlights, A and B pillars, leading edge of the roof, edge of the rear quarter panels, side mirrors, bottom corner of the rear doors (expanded the factory), and the rear part of the rocker/side skirt.

Reactions: rui

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Also, PPF the CF accessory wing if you have one, need to protect that expensive piece from impact and UV damage. Won't be pretty if the outer clear is penetrated and the CF is exposed. I had them put it on mine, but due to the odd shape, they just applied it the top surface and wrapped around the edges.

Shingo Shoji

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - Championship White
End of day I wish I would’ve saved my $$$ on PPf on the R. Its a 50k car and meant to be driven. If you track the car a lot I could see doing full front, rockers, lower rear doors and a piece behind the rear tires.
Totally agree. I had PPF on my wife's car and it hasn't impressed me that much. Sure it's protected from stone chips but it was crazy expensive to, the car was with them for a week and there were bubbles and imperfections. We went with the most reputable detailer in our town but it still wasn't great. In my opinion I don't think PPF is worth it for the CTR when as a percentage of the car price it's just too high. I have four stone chips in my CTR which suck but It also means I have a theoretical $4k - $6k(AUD) to get the Varis GT wing instead.

TypeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-Rs!
I have a few on my front bumper but most of them are along the side skirts because of my tires.

Shingo Shoji

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - Championship White
Hi Shingo. If you don't mind me asking, where on the car are those chips? Thanks!
I have one on my front bumper, one of the roof right near the windshield and two on the drivers side door (came through the vent before I installed the vent guard aargh). They are literally all from one drive on the freeway where they decided to resurface the road. It was covered in loose stones. I slowed right down and a Tarago decided to overtake me and spray me with stones :banghead:. I keep thinking, had I noticed what was happening, I should have dirven across the two lanes to stop him.

OP
OP
rui

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
I have one on my front bumper, one of the roof right near the windshield and two on the drivers side door (came through the vent before I installed the vent guard aargh). They are literally all from one drive on the freeway where they decided to resurface the road. It was covered in loose stones. I slowed right down and a Tarago decided to overtake me and spray me with stones :banghead:. I keep thinking, had I noticed what was happening, I should have dirven across the two lanes to stop him.
Thanks for the feedback! Indeed, roadworks are really hard to deal with. And often unpredictable. 😞
Sponsored