• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GPS lost

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
I was driving back from Alabama, dropped the grandson off just south of Birmingham. Started the car and it showed me off interstate 65. I watched it for a while and as the icon got further away I finally turned off navigation. I got home just south of Nashville and the GPS had me at close to lookout mountain TN. 100 plus miles away. I reset the navigation, didn't help, my clock was off by over two hours. Called the service rep and was going to bring it in next week and 48 hours later it was back to normal. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Don
Sponsored

Loulerg

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R BB #5515
I’ve had this happen to me 3 times over the last month, the GPS system out of nowhere just go crazy. At first I attributed it to the application (Waze), so I tried Google maps and Apple Maps and the same thing. Then I decided to fully unpair my phone and use the stock navigation app in the infotainment system and it too was not properly locating me. Not sure if this has to do with actual GPS signal loss of if there is something that can cause the actual car to create interference with GPS. After about 15-30 minutes, on all instances, the car was functioning properly.

Biscuitpie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000, 2018 340i
I’ve had this happen to me 3 times over the last month, the GPS system out of nowhere just go crazy. At first I attributed it to the application (Waze), so I tried Google maps and Apple Maps and the same thing. Then I decided to fully unpair my phone and use the stock navigation app in the infotainment system and it too was not properly locating me. Not sure if this has to do with actual GPS signal loss of if there is something that can cause the actual car to create interference with GPS. After about 15-30 minutes, on all instances, the car was functioning properly.

Didn't realize CarPlay would actually used the car's GPS, but apparently it does. I've had the same issue a few times where it said I was going a completely different way and totally fucked me up.

Also, it's nice that Apple Maps shows directions in the gauge cluster, but I don't want to use Apple Maps 😩
Sponsored