• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

LogR Failure (GPS?) - WORKAROUND

mmdct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR Crystal Black Pearl
for no reason, LogR doesn't allow me to create a new location and control line. up to now, LogR was great. i have three track locations that have worked over 6 track-day events.

now i get the message: "Please connect network for displaying the map."

i have done the following:
- restarted the car
- created a new location in the iOS app. and synched that location with my car
- connected my car to the internet using my phone as a hotspot
- connected my car to the internet using the car wifi
- disabled CarPlay (NOTE: CarPlay GPS and in-car navigation work fine)
- checked for software updates... all current

system status says...
- good signal strength for my phone
- good phone connection
- connected to TCU

surprisingly, LogR still reported all the correct data including a map of my track in the results section after i discovered the problem, but i can't add a new location. i used "manual" to trigger laps in my last track day after i discovered the problem. i didn't try "automatic" lap selection but is suspect it would have worked(?)

this problem happened one time when i got my car in february. i reset the infotainment system to factory defaults and the problem resolved. i want to avoid another factory reset and all the associated feature resets... uggghhh

any thoughts for a fix? i haven't asked the dealer yet.
Sponsored

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Ask the dealer if it's not in your Bible. Sorry your manual.

OP
OP
mmdct

mmdct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR Crystal Black Pearl
WORKAROUND:
even though i cannot display a map for any location in the LogR car display, i can create a new location using the iOS app and synch that location with the car. this location, and others already loaded in the car, will capture lap data automatically. i tested this successfully.

i attribute the map issue to a software bug. i am not willing to reset my system so i will deal with the issue and the workaround until the problem either gets worse or completely resolves.

Pwalker1130

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R, R-16550
WORKAROUND:
even though i cannot display a map for any location in the LogR car display, i can create a new location using the iOS app and synch that location with the car. this location, and others already loaded in the car, will capture lap data automatically. i tested this successfully.

i attribute the map issue to a software bug. i am not willing to reset my system so i will deal with the issue and the workaround until the problem either gets worse or completely resolves.
Any luck resolving this? I have the "connect to network to display map" message when I use LogR and haven't found a way to fix it. I took my FL5 to the dealer and the guy I talked to couldn't figure it out either.
Sponsored