• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Greensburg plant employee doesn't even know if the Type R will be made there.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I just ran into a guy at the pump next to me with his Honda uniform on. I asked him if he worked at the Greensburg plant and he said yes. I then asked if they’re making the Type R there or what?

He said he doesn’t even know yet.

Idk if that’s a good sign or bad. You would think they’d know something. Maybe we’ll find out tonight.
Sponsored

Last edited:

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
I'm guessing they are not making the car at his plant then, or he's just the tea boy 🤣

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
RHD production is in Japan last I heard. If they moved all production to Japan it would explain why Canada gets so few cars ……

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
like said in the other thread...these employees are trained not to tell anyone that type of stuff.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
It has to be the Indiana plant, no other location builds the hatchbacks in North America. The motors will be built in one location, I'm betting Ohio, and ship to the plant to be placed in the chassis. Honda does not tell their dealers, sales people, or assemblers anything about their vehicles until they are announced to the public. Never , ever.

OP
OP
SDAlexander8

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
It has to be the Indiana plant, no other location builds the hatchbacks in North America. The motors will be built in one location, I'm betting Ohio, and ship to the plant to be placed in the chassis. Honda does not tell their dealers, sales people, or assemblers anything about their vehicles until they are announced to the public. Never , ever.
Where do they build their prototypes in secret?

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Where do they build their prototypes in secret?
Small volume high end models are built in specialized units during the prototype phase, all manufacturers have skunkworks divisions for that. Secrecy is a very high priority for stuff like this , especially for Honda. Prototypes often differ quite a bit from the actual production models, the NSX was a prime example of that.
Sponsored