• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

There’s a Reason Honda Made Active Exhaust, Don’t Disable

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Agree on +R for engine. But I also love the +R sweeping tach like the S2000. Looks the best.
I’m a sucker for traditional tachometers. I like to see the needle move while the MPH climb. Not a fan of the s2000 tach even though I have one😂.

They are cool don’t get me wrong but just the numbers quickly changing don’t really do it for me.
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Wow thanks. I used picture to text to convert the tables to spreadsheet so I could plot them - surprisingly little difference between the modes and quite linear.

Ideally I would make a gif of the 3 images looping so you could see the differences but maybe someone else could do that.

comfort.png
Sport.png
R.png
It has been said on this forum elsewhere that +R and Sport have the same throttle mapping. It’s good to see that this indeed appears to be a factual statement. Case closed! Thank you and @Jester04

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I’m a sucker for traditional tachometers. I like to see the needle move while the MPH climb. Not a fan of the s2000 tach even though I have one😂.

They are cool don’t get me wrong but just the numbers quickly changing don’t really do it for me.
My position on tachs is the same as my position on watches: both analog and digital are great, but the presentation should be consistent with the technology.

I despise digital mimics of analog gauges, lol. If you are going to give me the appearance of an analog gauge... give me a real analog gauge, not a display with an analog animation. It looks cheap, imo.

As a DE5 owner (without the +R tach), I wish these cars had real analog gauges (the TLX has a hybrid analog / digital display -- too bad they couldn't have borrowed that). At least the DE5 has the speed / GPS on the HUD, so I barely need to look at the dash 🤣

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I wonder if all these posts about the car running rough are more related to the sound/nvh vs the actual power delivery. If that's true, it's probably exactly why Honda engineers added the flap in order to provide a 'smoother' sounding engine.

Me personally, I've been running flap open for the past 7k miles, no issues or roughness.

Last edited:

GIChoe

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Si
Has nothing to do with the rougher sound, the roughness is something I can feel in my pedals, wheel, and butt dyno.

Car00071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I have an ITS and I believe my valve is open all of the time in Sport+. I do not really notice an issue in power delivery between modes at low rpm.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I have an ITS and I believe my valve is open all of the time in Sport+. I do not really notice an issue in power delivery between modes at low rpm.
Your ITS has a completely different tune and was designed to be run with the valve open in Sport+ as shown earlier in this thread. The FL5 was not which is why some of us believe it runs a little different in certain conditions/modes.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Your ITS has a completely different tune and was designed to be run with the valve open in Sport+ as shown earlier in this thread. The FL5 was not which is why some of us believe it runs a little different in certain conditions/modes.
The settings on the valves are different but there is very little difference in the tune per se.

Yayo

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 MY23
I also suspect that it may be an issue related to the level of noise emissions. European manufacturers with approved exhaust (Remus) do not seem to offer great sound gains.
Sponsored