• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

1.5T Has the clutch system of the 11th generation Civic weakened?

PangziXin

First Name
civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello friends, recently I've been upgrading the clutch system of my 11th generation Civic because I encountered clutch slipping during the power upgrade process. So, I'm planning to replace it with a more powerful pressure plate. Several experienced 10th generation Civic owners recommended Ralco's reinforced pressure plate to me, which they have been using for many years in their 10th generation models. This pressure plate is claimed to have a pressure of 950kg (the OEM is approximately 500kg, I believe). I'm using brand new OEM clutch discs and release bearings. After everything was properly installed, even when I adjusted the stroke of the clutch master cylinder to the longest, I couldn't properly disengage the clutch when the engine was cold, making shifting very difficult. However, the situation improves significantly when the engine(maybe the brake system) is warm, closer to the OEM feeling. I noticed that the clutch master and slave cylinder models are different between the 11th and 10th generation models, but the clutch in the 11th generation model is supposed to be compatible with the FL5. It's hard to understand why its performance would decrease.
Sponsored