• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Civic DX, 16 EXT Civic Coupe
My local dealer actually had one on their lot, same color. Nice looking, but it really looks a lot like the Accord, it's so big.

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 LEAF SV+, 19 Altima Plat, 22 Mach-E4X ordered
You folks do realize that in CA the Si sits above the Touring as far as pricing is concerned right? You can't do a 1:1 US:CA conversion in terms of $$$ BTW, it's not that simple. If Honda gave the US spec Si the same features as the Canadian car it'd be a $33k MSRP car here in the US vs. the $28k car that it is now.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
You folks do realize that in CA the Si sits above the Touring as far as pricing is concerned right? You can't do a 1:1 US:CA conversion in terms of $$$ BTW, it's not that simple. If Honda gave the US spec Si the same features as the Canadian car it'd be a $33k MSRP car here in the US vs. the $28k car that it is now.
Having the option to spec those features in would have been nice

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Sure. What else I realize is that the Canadian MSRP for the 11th gen is $33,150 CAD MSRP which is about $26,050 USD, and that they don't deal with the dealer markup circus like we do. As far as I know the Canadian Si and US Si come off the same lines in Ontario. Sure, there's importing to deal with, but this is ridiculous. I wasn't very interested in the new Si since I own a 10th gen already, but I will say that if the 11th gen USDM Type R is de-contented like this I'm just going to buy a GR86/BRZ or something.

Patel

First Name
Patel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sport
Good review, hilarious intro. And of course at the end they show the stuff we don't get in the US.

They love the car.

All the top reviewers loves the 11thgen, they even said it looks better than the 10thgen. Like I said, the only people hating are the 10thgen owners, of course not all of them

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
I think their comment that it was too big contradicted their overall point about how practical it is. If it was smaller, it wouldn't be as practical.

As long as they keep the weight down, which they have, there isn't really a downside to having a bigger car. Just more practicality and comfort.

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Patel...

Looks are subjective. People buying the 10th loved it's aggressive look. The 11th is more sedate. It's not hate.
I agree. I love the looks of my 10th gen. And, to be fair, the looks of the 11th have really grown on me, and I see a lot of potential for great cosmetic modifications, but even the stock look is quite nice in person. I’m excited for the Type R reveal, but I am worried that it may have features stripped like the USDM Si.

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
I think their comment that it was too big contradicted their overall point about how practical it is. If it was smaller, it wouldn't be as practical.

As long as they keep the weight down, which they have, there isn't really a downside to having a bigger car. Just more practicality and comfort.
It’s frankly astonishing that it weighs basically the same as my current car: a 2011 Si sedan. It is actually 2 lbs/1 kg lighter.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Yeah, Honda does not get enough credit for how light the Civic is. To have a car that meets 2022 safety and emissions regulations, is loaded with tech features, and is still under 3000lbs is just awesome.

The Jetta GLI weighs almost 300 pounds more!

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
Yeah, Honda does not get enough credit for how light the Civic is. To have a car that meets 2022 safety and emissions regulations, is loaded with tech features, and is still under 3000lbs is just awesome.

The Jetta GLI weighs almost 300 pounds more!
And everyone who drives it is effusive in their praise of the chassis. If they’re achieving more chassis solidity than VW at 200-300 lbs less, Honda deserves serious praise.