• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Here we go again lol

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Oh I know. I autocross with the local Porsche Club. There’s actually a lot of debate even between them about prices.

But the fact is the vast majority of enthusiasts and especially the public will never care about those cars, because they’re seen as rich people toys. (to be fair that’s what they are).

The buyer of GT4RS and the buyer of an FL5 may both face a 50% markup. But the Porsche buyer has such a high income that an extra $100k is an inconvenience or an obstacle. Whereas for the average FL5 buyer an extra $22k is a life altering amount.

The average Porsche buyer pays the 100k and goes on the same vacations they planned anyway. The average FL5 buyer pays the 20k and needs to start thinking about how they are gonna make that payment.
No doubt! Two different demographics.

Just starting that its the same bs. I've had people tell me and Ive seen videos about the struggle of getting a GT allocation. It just seems like with money theres really no end to it when it comes to luxury commodities. Theres always a bigger fish, its kind of depressing when you think about it tbh

Just wanted to point out thats its definitely a problem and people do complain, but its just like you said. The perception coupled with such a small percentage of people (rich enough to buy one but not enough to stomach the markup) that most dont care so it doesn't get much traction.
Sponsored

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Add the buy fee 5% of that $49k which the buyer is responsible for and you’re at $7k+ MSRP.
Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but that still is at least a few thousand less than the Majority of CW’s have or now being sold for. Our tracker only showed 6 CW’s at a dealer as of yesterday, with only 1 of those with a $4k ADM but it’s a raffle at a dealer!!! Only 1 person is going to get that car. So for all practical purposes, there only 5 cars available today, in the entire USA !
Best

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
22 hours to go and it’s about $52500 considering buyers commission. Similar price with commission as the Carsandbids auction.
8k-10k adm, simil to what dealers are sell them for, not necessarily what they are asking 15-20 adm.
Man, what bs these auctions sites are letting cars sell for over MSRP!!! 🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Just got off the phone with Hare Honda there’s a 2 year wait list and they charge 5k over MSRP. Seller lost money.
After everything was said and done. At 5k above sticker, how much did he lose ? And why did he buy it then ? Just to flip it and lose money? Isn’t at that price, cheaper then you can buy one at a 10k minimum markup at a dealership?
Thanks

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
After everything was said and done. At 5k above sticker, how much did he lose ? And why did he buy it then ? Just to flip it and lose money? Isn’t at that price, cheaper then you can buy one at a 10k minimum markup at a dealership?
Thanks
He sold it for what he bought it for. Seller only lost out on taxes/tags/doc fee/insurance. Not a huge loss probably $3.5-$5k

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Reward comes with risk - the greater fool theory - where you pay too much, counting on someone else to pay even more - can backfire.

Mathman

First Name
Jad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt and a Vespa
So it’s been established, anyone who is fortunate enough to get a FL5 for msrp, can turn around and flip it for 50k.
They, of course, make it up in volume.
Sponsored