• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

High Mileage Long Term Experiences (Compilation)

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ram, 20 Durango, 00 Cherokee, 99 Trans Am
Hello everyone. I was curious about this topic after not finding anything with the search function & especially after seeing a boost blue 2021 CTR on Autotrader with over 90K miles on it last weekend. I wanted to take a screenshot to share, but alas it has been sold or removed from the site. Currently, this is about the rate that I drive each year - about 55-60K.

The main purpose for this thread is to compile experiences of those that have put a decent amount of miles on the CTR powertrain - regardless of year. We know that there are minor differences between each year, but overall the same engine & transmission remain. I’m curious about the longevity of this particular powertrain. I expect a thread like this to stick around for quite some time as people offer their experiences. On the 5th gen Ram truck forum that I’m an active member on, we have a long ongoing thread for each gen with these experiences that have been extremely helpful for both new & experienced users.

Disclaimer: At the moment, I do not own a Civic. I have a deposit down on an Integra Type S & will make up my mind this summer depending on pricing & availability if I go CTR or ITS. I have only test driven an Si, a Type R, & A-spec with Tech.
Sponsored

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
You may have better luck in the 10th gen forum (civicx.com) as this is the 11 gen forum.

OP
OP
Bpebler

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You may have better luck in the 10th gen forum (civicx.com) as this is the 11 gen forum.
shooting for pretty much anything 2018 through current until they change the engine and transmission platforms. FK8 or FL5.

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again, you're in the wrong forum for that. I doubt anyone has over 2k miles on their FL5 and the 10th gen forum is for the FK8.

OP
OP
Bpebler

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe. But within the next few months to a year that could change rather quickly & I intend this thread to be ongoing where people can add their experiences unless a moderator removes it for whatever reason. I’m not the only one who drives as much as I previously stated. If I had purchased the CTR when it was released (if both of dealers didn’t completely drop the ball) then I’d have +15K miles on it by now.

Thanks for the heads up though. I will post this on the other forum as well for FK8 users, but I ran out of time earlier.

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok gotcha, that makes sense.

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Buddy of mine put over 65k miles in about a year on his 2021 FK8, and those we're not easy miles. He was hitting all the LA canyons daily, drove the car extremely hard. Went through 4 or 5 sets of tires, 4 sets of pads, a few sets of rotors....I think the only issue he was having was loss of oil pressure, other than that the car was perfectly fine being driven at 9/10ths most of its life...probably 35-40k of his miles were actual canyon miles....

OP
OP
Bpebler

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buddy of mine put over 65k miles in about a year on his 2021 FK8, and those we're not easy miles. He was hitting all the LA canyons daily, drove the car extremely hard. Went through 4 or 5 sets of tires, 4 sets of pads, a few sets of rotors....I think the only issue he was having was loss of oil pressure, other than that the car was perfectly fine being driven at 9/10ths most of its life...probably 35-40k of his miles were actual canyon miles....
Wow! That’s pretty damn impressive. Especially in an area where it’s always hot.

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Wow! That’s pretty damn impressive. Especially in an area where it’s always hot.
I wouldn't say he was always running it hot, most of the time they we're hitting the canyons after 9pm and not getting back home till after midnight. During summer time he experienced heat soak, but he was also running a stock car with only a PRL intake and 18s instead of the factory 20s

Bullitt44

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CTR, Porsche 911 GT3 and GT4RS
High five to that guy! Bravo!
Sponsored