• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Pre-orders for our Type-R FL5 and DE5 High Volume Intake start TODAY at 11am CST. This product is a result of extensive research and development, and it surpasses the factory version in many ways. We've integrated the duct into the airbox, allowing for a larger opening and reducing airflow restrictions. This modification has increased the minimum area for airflow by 133%, ensuring your engine breathes more efficiently and produces more power. We also added a secondary duct that goes to the fender for even more cold air! We acknowledge your patience in waiting for a better intake for the FL5 Type-R, and we believe the wait for the FL5 Type-R High Volume Intake will be worthwhile!

For customers who already have our titanium inlet pipe. The coupler to connect the inlet to the intake will be available today as well. Part number PRL-SIL-FL5-TIP-CON. If you have further fitment questions, reach out to our sales team at [email protected].

FIRST BATCH SHIPPING 4/15

Enjoy a few sound clips!

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL High Volume Intake Preorders Open 11am CST! Screenshot 2024-02-19 082104

Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Is there a link to where this preorder will go live? Or price?

wolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Will it cause any problems with the stock tune?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I understand this has been in the making for some time. Good to see it has finally been released. Do you have testing data you can share with the community on this product?

Last edited:
OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
I understand this has been in the making for some time. Good to see it has finally been releases. Do you have testing data you can share with the community on this product?
Third party testing showed average peak gains of around 13hp/10tq!

Last edited:
OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Is the 13hp gain from the box by itself of with the PRL intake tube combined with it?
Stock inlet. We are sending an inlet & intake over to Drob as well for more third party dyno runs!

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
I already ordered everything. Sucks that I have to pay an extra $50 because I was early to the Titanium Inlet Pipe upgrade. :( The price is the price but sheeeesh :bonk:

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I already ordered everything. Sucks that I have to pay an extra $50 because I was early to the Titanium Inlet Pipe upgrade. :( The price is the price but sheeeesh :bonk:
This was pretty frustrating. Before I ordered the inlet pipe, I called PRL and asked about this. They said when the intake came out, we would have an option to choose stock or titanium inlet for the intake hoses. Now instead they’re offering it with the inlet. The price is the price, but does suck how they did it.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Yep, kinda dirty how it was done. Intake ordered as well but Already paid $499 for the TIP plus tax/shipping and now had to pay another $78 after tax and shipping to be an early adopter for the TIP. People who order now don't have to pay that. @PRL Motorsports Dont recall that happening on the Fk8 and everything I've bought for that platform as well.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Early adopters get hosed lol. Guess I'm one of the suckers. Gonna stop ordering things when they come out if this is how things go.

This was pretty frustrating. Before I ordered the inlet pipe, I called PRL and asked about this. They said when the intake came out, we would have an option to choose stock or titanium inlet for the intake hoses. Now instead they’re offering it with the inlet. The price is the price, but does suck how they did it.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
When the TI inlet came out, it was pretty clear there were two versions, one for HVI and one for stock inlet. It sucks, but they were upfront about it. When I reached out they told me NOT to buy the inlet if I want to get the HVI later. I didn't order my inlet till the HVI one dropped for that reason. But now I have to wait to install it till the intake drops. It's a trade off, at least you got to enjoy it months early.
Sponsored