• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
When the TI inlet came out, it was pretty clear there were two versions, one for HVI and one for stock inlet. It sucks, but they were upfront about it. When I reached out they told me NOT to buy the inlet if I want to get the HVI later. I didn't order my inlet till the HVI one dropped for that reason. But now I have to wait to install it till the intake drops. It's a trade off, at least you got to enjoy it months early.
See I was told the opposite when I bought my inlet pipe. Either that, or I misunderstood 🤣. All good though. PRL has been super cool man. And if I don’t have an extra $70 to spend on an intake, I shouldn’t buy it anyways 😶🌫🤣🤦🏻‍♂️
Sponsored

ThanksGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Early adopters get hosed lol. Guess I'm one of the suckers. Gonna stop ordering things when they come out if this is how things go.
Sorry to hear this... but not really surprised since PRL doesn't have the best reputation for customer service (see the announcement thread for the HVI they ignored for months and months).

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Sorry to hear this... but not really surprised since PRL doesn't have the best reputation for customer service (see the announcement thread for the HVI they ignored for months and months).
Man I just think everyone was too impatient waiting on it. They posted plenty of updates. And when they weren’t posting updates, if you pick up the phone and call them, they’ll tell you what’s going on lol. All they can give it updates and projections. Crap happens 🤷🏻‍♂️

ThanksGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I realize product development takes time, but they started the thread, I don’t think it’s crazy to expect them to respond people’s questions. If they didn’t want that responsibility they shouldn’t have made the announcement a year too early 🤷‍♂️

Bconlon1940

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Does anyone know what filter is being used in this intake? I know it is this one from prl, but does prl themselves outsource these? The reason I'm asking is because in another thread on this forum people were comparing the filtration performance of aftermarket drop in filters ie. The Sprint Filter polyester air filters retain 93.13% of 100 μ particles (Sprint Filter P08 air filter) - 91.8% of 37 μ particles (Sprint Filter P037 air filter) - 95.22% of 100 μ particles (Sprint Filter P08F1-85 air filter) but how does the performance of this cone oiled filter stack up? The only mention i see on their site of filtration performance is where they say this cotton filter traps particles as small as 5 microns. Is there not a standard that these filters are tested to where similar to the drop in filters it will say a filtration percentage for defined particulate sizes? Also as far as I could find on various forums there were two conflicting mesh filter micron ratings people were throwing out for the oem filter either 10 or 20 microns. Ideally I would like to stick to as close of a filtration rating to stock as possible but with a dry cone filter that would fit on the prl high volume intake, any suggestions?
Sponsored