• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
When the TI inlet came out, it was pretty clear there were two versions, one for HVI and one for stock inlet. It sucks, but they were upfront about it. When I reached out they told me NOT to buy the inlet if I want to get the HVI later. I didn't order my inlet till the HVI one dropped for that reason. But now I have to wait to install it till the intake drops. It's a trade off, at least you got to enjoy it months early.
See I was told the opposite when I bought my inlet pipe. Either that, or I misunderstood šŸ¤£. All good though. PRL has been super cool man. And if I donā€™t have an extra $70 to spend on an intake, I shouldnā€™t buy it anyways šŸ˜¶ā€šŸŒ«šŸ¤£šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored

ThanksGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Early adopters get hosed lol. Guess I'm one of the suckers. Gonna stop ordering things when they come out if this is how things go.
Sorry to hear this... but not really surprised since PRL doesn't have the best reputation for customer service (see the announcement thread for the HVI they ignored for months and months).

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Sorry to hear this... but not really surprised since PRL doesn't have the best reputation for customer service (see the announcement thread for the HVI they ignored for months and months).
Man I just think everyone was too impatient waiting on it. They posted plenty of updates. And when they werenā€™t posting updates, if you pick up the phone and call them, theyā€™ll tell you whatā€™s going on lol. All they can give it updates and projections. Crap happens šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

ThanksGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I realize product development takes time, but they started the thread, I donā€™t think itā€™s crazy to expect them to respond peopleā€™s questions. If they didnā€™t want that responsibility they shouldnā€™t have made the announcement a year too early šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Bconlon1940

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Does anyone know what filter is being used in this intake? I know it is this one from prl, but does prl themselves outsource these? The reason I'm asking is because in another thread on this forum people were comparing the filtration performance of aftermarket drop in filters ie. The Sprint Filter polyester air filters retain 93.13% of 100 Ī¼ particles (Sprint Filter P08 air filter) - 91.8% of 37 Ī¼ particles (Sprint Filter P037 air filter) - 95.22% of 100 Ī¼ particles (Sprint Filter P08F1-85 air filter) but how does the performance of this cone oiled filter stack up? The only mention i see on their site of filtration performance is where they say this cotton filter traps particles as small as 5 microns. Is there not a standard that these filters are tested to where similar to the drop in filters it will say a filtration percentage for defined particulate sizes? Also as far as I could find on various forums there were two conflicting mesh filter micron ratings people were throwing out for the oem filter either 10 or 20 microns. Ideally I would like to stick to as close of a filtration rating to stock as possible but with a dry cone filter that would fit on the prl high volume intake, any suggestions?

Fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R (Championship White)
Does anyone know what filter is being used in this intake? I know it is this one from prl, but does prl themselves outsource these? The reason I'm asking is because in another thread on this forum people were comparing the filtration performance of aftermarket drop in filters ie. The Sprint Filter polyester air filters retain 93.13% of 100 Ī¼ particles (Sprint Filter P08 air filter) - 91.8% of 37 Ī¼ particles (Sprint Filter P037 air filter) - 95.22% of 100 Ī¼ particles (Sprint Filter P08F1-85 air filter) but how does the performance of this cone oiled filter stack up? The only mention i see on their site of filtration performance is where they say this cotton filter traps particles as small as 5 microns. Is there not a standard that these filters are tested to where similar to the drop in filters it will say a filtration percentage for defined particulate sizes? Also as far as I could find on various forums there were two conflicting mesh filter micron ratings people were throwing out for the oem filter either 10 or 20 microns. Ideally I would like to stick to as close of a filtration rating to stock as possible but with a dry cone filter that would fit on the prl high volume intake, any suggestions?
I work in HVAC Engineering and specifically airborne infectious disease mitigation where I deal with filtration media specs all day. BConlon is spot on with the concern and I agree. I want to make sure whatever is filtering engine air has the same arrestance value as OEM.

I wish 27WON would hurry it upā€¦

However, Iā€™ll stay tuned hereā€¦

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
@PRL Motorsports

?

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
I work in HVAC Engineering and specifically airborne infectious disease mitigation where I deal with filtration media specs all day. BConlon is spot on with the concern and I agree. I want to make sure whatever is filtering engine air has the same arrestance value as OEM.

I wish 27WON would hurry it upā€¦

However, Iā€™ll stay tuned hereā€¦

Has 27WON announced any specifics about their FL5 intake and/or given any time estimate for availability?

Fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R (Championship White)
Has 27WON announced any specifics about their FL5 intake and/or given any time estimate for availability?
Nope. And I just talked to Vlad about the catback exhaust too. Nothing there either.

I guess Iā€™m in no hurryā€¦

Bconlon1940

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
@Tickle I also reached out to AEM and a few other manufacturers via email. AEM got back to me with the following about their dryflow filters

Hello,

At this time, the micron rating test information about our air filters is not available. However, each AEM air filter is designed to meet or surpass the factory requirements of the vehicle engine manufacturer.

If you have any additional questions about our air filters not related to the micron test data, please feel free to reply to this e-mail or contact our customer service department at 800- 858- 3333 and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you.
Thank you,

I appreciate you checking! Does this mean you outsource your filters or that there is a different measurement method that you test to? I can try contacting the manufacturer if you do outsource and wouldn't mind saying who that was?
Brandon
Hello,
While all of our filter material is manufactured in-house, unfortunately we are unable to provide micron-ratings at this time.

As I said in the above emails I don't know personally if their is a standard as to how filters are tested. If someone in here does I would love to know so I can pose the question differently to other manufacturers, but it did not seem like they were willing to give any data to back up the blanket statement claim that their products surpass all engine manufacturers which is hard for me to believe when they are not forthcoming about the data. Anyways sorry this wasn't useful towards getting an answer but I just wanted to put everything in one place in case someone was curious.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
PRL uses Green Filters.
Sponsored